Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort
Author Message
 Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort

hi

im studying ada currently as part of my degree at aston university in
birmingham.
I am currently working on a piece that requires an array of records to be
sorted into alphabetical order. I have looked through all notes on the
topic, and also my Feldman & Koffman Ada 95 text book, but still am unsure
how to tackle the problem.
If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
 I have finished the program, and it produces my required output, its just
not in the right order. Sigh. hehe.

thanks
please email me if you have any hints.

joe turner

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:12:02 GMT
 Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort

Quote:

> hi

> im studying ada currently as part of my degree at aston university in
> birmingham.
> I am currently working on a piece that requires an array of records to be
> sorted into alphabetical order. I have looked through all notes on the
> topic, and also my Feldman & Koffman Ada 95 text book, but still am unsure
> how to tackle the problem.
> If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
>  I have finished the program, and it produces my required output, its just
> not in the right order. Sigh. hehe.

> thanks
> please email me if you have any hints.

> joe turner

There's a couple of odd things in your request. You say:

  "am unsure how to tackle the problem"

and

  "I have finished the program... its just not in the right order."

So either you _tackled_ the problem (and it didn't work), or you want
some of us to help you with your homework, which you havn't tackled
at all yet ;-)

Ask a more specific question.

What specifically do you need help with?

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:02:53 GMT

1. sort, merge, or insertion sort?

2. Binary Insertion Sort

3. Insertion sort for haskell

4. Does anyone have a good insertion sort

5. Insertion sort in Pop

6. Insertion sort in Pop?

7. Insertion Sort

8. Insertion sort..using tasm..??

9. Updated results and source for Displacement Address w Insertion Sort

10. Insertion Sort

11. Program of Insertion Mode sorting

12. Attempt at insertion sort without a book