Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes
Author Message
 Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes

Hi all,

I need a suggestion about the possible way to resolve a compilation error,
due probably to a large (but necessary) number of variables defined in a
package, that makes the segments bigger than 64k.

The error message is:

gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/mprog" up to date.
gcc -c -g -o
/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/tenv_data.o -gnatA -gnatem=GN
AT-TEMP-000001.TMP
/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads
as1: Error: /tmp/ccaabqYa.s, line 6: gp-relative segments together exceed
64k bytes

gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads"
compilation error

I am looking for a gcc option setting (or every other solution) to have more
than 64K bytes on the gp-relative segments, but I didn't find a solution in
the past messages....groan.
Machine is a Compaq Alpha Tru64-Unix. with GNAT ver 3.15a

Can you help me ????

Thanks in advance,

F.C.

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:23:13 GMT
 Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes
Hi,

We have the same problem with our system here at the JIF, Manching.
Did you get a solution for your problem?

Thanks

AS

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I need a suggestion about the possible way to resolve a compilation error,
> due probably to a large (but necessary) number of variables defined in a
> package, that makes the segments bigger than 64k.

> The error message is:

> gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/mprog" up to date.
> gcc -c -g -o
> /usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/tenv_data.o -gnatA -gnatem=GN
> AT-TEMP-000001.TMP
> /usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads
> as1: Error: /tmp/ccaabqYa.s, line 6: gp-relative segments together exceed
> 64k bytes

> gnatmake: "/usr/users/asta/DASS/TENV_UWA/build/alpha/tenv/./tenv_data.ads"
> compilation error

> I am looking for a gcc option setting (or every other solution) to have more
> than 64K bytes on the gp-relative segments, but I didn't find a solution in
> the past messages....groan.
> Machine is a Compaq Alpha Tru64-Unix. with GNAT ver 3.15a

> Can you help me ????

> Thanks in advance,

> F.C.

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:01:26 GMT

1. Group or Segment Class Exceeds 64k

2. ERROR segment text exceeds 64K

3. Segment Size Exceeds 64K

4. code segment exceeds 64K

5. Automatic data segment plus heap exceed 64K

6. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

7. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

8. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

9. SegClass exceeds 64K?

10. Segdef exceeds 64K

11. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K ?

12. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K