gnat307 instalation problem
Author Message
 gnat307 instalation problem

Hello,

I am new in ada, I dont know anybody who can help me with my problem,
excuse my poor english and  if the question is obvious...

I am trying to learn ada 95 with the book "Ada 95 Problem Solving and
Program Desing"   (Feldman & Koffman ) , I downloaded gnat Ada 95
compiler and when I try to execute compile, link and run the example
that came with the software I get the next error:

C:\GNAT307\GNAT307S\EXAMPLES>make
gcc -c -O2  hello.adb
gnatbl hello.ali
gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or
directory (ENO
ENT)
make.exe: *** [hello] Error 4

Could you please help me to resolve this problem?
Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Juan

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 gnat307 instalation problem

You have an installation problem. In addition, GNAT 3.07 is out of date;
download GNAT 3.10 from

ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/winnt/gnat-3.10p1-nt.exe

It works under Windows 95, and has a nice Windows-style installation.
--
- Stephe

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 gnat307 instalation problem

Quote:

> I am trying to learn ada 95 with the book "Ada 95 Problem Solving and
> Program Desing"   (Feldman & Koffman ) , I downloaded gnat Ada 95
> compiler and when I try to execute compile, link and run the example
> that came with the software I get the next error:
> C:\GNAT307\GNAT307S\EXAMPLES>make
> gcc -c -O2  hello.adb
> gnatbl hello.ali
> gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or
> directory (ENO
> ENT)
> make.exe: *** [hello] Error 4

It seems that cpp.exe is not in its directory (C:\GNAT307\BIN), i.e.
that installation was interrupted...

--
Gautier

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 gnat307 instalation problem

The file gnat3073.zip was corrupted, I have download it again and now
all goes ok.

Thank you and thanks Stephen Leake

Quote:

>> I am trying to learn ada 95 with the book "Ada 95 Problem Solving and
>> Program Desing"   (Feldman & Koffman ) , I downloaded gnat Ada 95
>> compiler and when I try to execute compile, link and run the example
>> that came with the software I get the next error:

>> C:\GNAT307\GNAT307S\EXAMPLES>make
>> gcc -c -O2  hello.adb
>> gnatbl hello.ali
>> gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or
>> directory (ENO
>> ENT)
>> make.exe: *** [hello] Error 4

>It seems that cpp.exe is not in its directory (C:\GNAT307\BIN), i.e.
>that installation was interrupted...

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 gnat307 instalation problem

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:44:00 -0500, Stephen Leake

Yes,  The file gnat3072.zip was corrupted, I get it again and now all
goes ok, also I'll download GNAT 3.10

Thanks for yor help.

Quote:
>You have an installation problem. In addition, GNAT 3.07 is out of date;
>download GNAT 3.10 from

>ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/winnt/gnat-3.10p1-nt.exe

>It works under Windows 95, and has a nice Windows-style installation.

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Font problem & instalation

2. CW 20 SE Instalation problem

3. Eiffel instalation problem

4. Problem with instalation

5. instalation problem

6. Visual Prolog instalation problem!!!

7. GNAT307 Question

8. Wise Instalation Program News Service

9. Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98

10. Help with Windex instalation

11. BIOS PnP Instalation Check - Please HELP !

12. win32-php-cgi instalation question