Need help accessing hardware
Author Message
 Need help accessing hardware

I'm having some difficulties accessing the hardware on the backplane of my PC.
I have this sound board and need to directly access some of its memory (control
registers) and its ports but I'm being told that this is being blocked by the
OS. First off, I'm not proficient at writing for Os2 so is the wool being polled
over my eyes? Second, I write in Ada mostly using the GNAT compiler; is it
sufficient to do the job? If not, why not? Lastly, how can I do the direct access,
ie write a device driver if the Os is blocking access?

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend me.

Al Niessner III

Short questions always lead to long answers

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help! -- Need access to hardware

2. Hardware independant hardware access ...

3. Need examples of accessing hardware directly (IRQ, ports, etc)

4. Need example of accessing hardware with no ints available

5. Need help with Hardware setup?

6. hardware/audio eng help needed

7. We need to know if hardware acceleration can help our VRML performance

8. Hardware keyboard handling... help needed

9. Hardware keyboard handling... help needed

10. Hardware access with SmallTalK

11. Help Needed: Interfacing Smalltalk with Access and Excel

12. NEED HELP WITH MS ACCESS DATABASE