c2ada tool
Author Message
 c2ada tool

i've been trying to build the c2ada tool, as described at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mg/c2ada/c2ada.html.  i'm using a dec alpha
running 4.0d and have the gnat 3.11b compiler installed.

when running "make cbfe", i'm getting error messages like:

 In file included from gen.c:17:
 il.h:216: both signed and unsigned specified for `type name'
 gen.c: In function `print_position':
 gen.c:307: warning: left shift count >= width of type
 gen.c: In function `mark_union':
 gen.c:326: warning: left shift count >= width of type
 gen.c: In function `typesym_nameof':
 gen.c:795: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
 gen.c: In function `int_type_builtin_name':
 gen.c:817: parse error before `signed'
 gen.c:836: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect

 gen.c: In function `gen_record_t':
 gen.c:1977: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
 gen.c: In function `gen_subps':
 gen.c:2776: warning: left shift count >= width of type

i've looed at the code, but don't understand how to resolve the
compilation errors.  i know this
is not a lot to go on, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mark lane

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 c2ada tool

I've build c2ada on Linux. And I think the Gnat/Linux team have
been working on an RPM version also.

you can check my web site http://home.pacbell.net/nma123 where you can
get the  c2ada build on Linux.

Nasser

Quote:

>i've been trying to build the c2ada tool, as described at
>http://www.inmet.com/~mg/c2ada/c2ada.html.  i'm using a dec alpha
>running 4.0d and have the gnat 3.11b compiler installed.

>when running "make cbfe", i'm getting error messages like:

> In file included from gen.c:17:
> il.h:216: both signed and unsigned specified for `type name'
> gen.c: In function `print_position':
> gen.c:307: warning: left shift count >= width of type
> gen.c: In function `mark_union':
> gen.c:326: warning: left shift count >= width of type
> gen.c: In function `typesym_nameof':
> gen.c:795: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> gen.c: In function `int_type_builtin_name':
> gen.c:817: parse error before `signed'
> gen.c:836: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect

> gen.c: In function `gen_record_t':
> gen.c:1977: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> gen.c: In function `gen_subps':
> gen.c:2776: warning: left shift count >= width of type

>i've looed at the code, but don't understand how to resolve the
>compilation errors.  i know this
>is not a lot to go on, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

>thanks,

>mark lane

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. c2ada for Win

2. newbie questions: where are c2ada and ada2html?

3. c2ada

4. c2ada running problem

5. c2ada compilinG/runtime problem

6. "#define" and C2Ada

7. C2Ada convertors+Ada instructons tutorials

8. c2ada for DOS?

9. Looking for port of C2Ada to Wintel platforms or help porting

10. gperf (C2Ada) build problem...

11. c2ada for Solaris and WinNT

12. Pb. to build c2ada