Should MIL-STD-498 replace DOD-STD-2167A?
Author Message
 Should MIL-STD-498 replace DOD-STD-2167A?

Until June 22, 1994 I'm taking votes from the Ada community on
whether MIL-STD-498 is a better standard than DOD-STD-2167A for Ada
software development.  This message is a test of whether
comp.lang.ada is a good way to reach the interested people in the
community.  Here's your chance to vote.

The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group
on Ada (SIGAda) Software Development Standards and Ada Working Group
(SDSAWG) has been active in the development of 498 since it began.
Several important new concepts in 498 were our suggestions.  We've
released drafts of the developing standard through our distribution
service in Vienna, VA.  Now we're interested in what you know about
the proposed new standard and what you think of it.

To vote, answer the three questions below and return your answers
with your name to me before June 22, 1994 at

-------QUESTIONS---------------
1. Do you recommend MIL-STD-498 for publication?  YES   NO

2. Have you reviewed a Draft of MIL-STD-498 (SDD) since 12/92 or seen
a comparison of MIL-STD-498 to DOD-STD-2167A or DOD-STD-7935A or
DOD-STD-1703 since then?  YES  NO

3. Do you consider yourself a member of the Ada software development
community?  YES  NO

Your name:
-----------------------------

Best wishes,