including other directories with...
Author Message
 including other directories with...

system win2000
including other source files in other directories,
well I have read the gnat user guide and I find it confusing. I have tried
setting the environment variable ada_include_path and this has not worked,
can anyone send me an example, I would be very grateful,
regards
Tony Gair

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:32:31 GMT
 including other directories with...

Quote:

> system win2000
> including other source files in other directories,
> well I have read the gnat user guide and I find it confusing. I have tried
> setting the environment variable ada_include_path and this has not worked,
> can anyone send me an example, I would be very grateful,
> regards

You are more likely to get real help if you post the commands you are
using, and show the error message you get. By this I mean the actual
compile command, gnatmake or gcc. Also show the settings of relevant
environment variables. There might be some other
problem you are having, not in fact related to directories.

An example of setting ADA_INCLUDE_PATH:

export ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=e:/stephe/Ada_Work

Note that this is from a bash shell; I use cygwin. What shell are you
using?

--
-- Stephe

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:35:38 GMT
 including other directories with...

For directories that only need to be searched for some compiles you
probably just want to use the -I option on the command line.

If you want to add a directory to the default search path, you have to
add an entry to the registry.  The easiest way is to use David Botton's
GNATREG program.  You can find that at

   http://www.adapower.com/gwindows/index.html#Gallery

Quote:

>system win2000
>including other source files in other directories,
>well I have read the gnat user guide and I find it confusing. I have tried
>setting the environment variable ada_include_path and this has not worked,
>can anyone send me an example, I would be very grateful,
>regards
>Tony Gair

 Life is short.                  | Craig Spannring

 --------------------------------+------------------------------------

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:01:49 GMT

1. Option -I (include directory) in f2c and g77

2. where to find bin, include and lib directories in tcl8.0 version source code

3. How to use -I to specify an alternate include directory in f77

4. SWI: including a source file from another directory

5. overriding /usr/lib and /usr/include directories

6. Program to convert C include to ASM include

7. Program to convert C include to ASM include

8. Req: Program to convert C include to ASM include

9. including preprocessor directives in included file

10. Including Extra Variables In An Include Statement

11. Include or not include ?

12. pre-processor include vs. F77-MIL-STD include