Creating a Windows DLL in GNAT ADA
Author Message
 Creating a Windows DLL in GNAT ADA

I realise this must be an FAQ, but I can't find it, so please don't flame
me!  I have some ADA source, which I want to turn into a Windows 95 DLL.
Trouble is, I don't know how to do a DLL in ADA - I'm not an ADA person - so
I wonder if some kind soul has a skeleton DLL and compile scripts etc, which
would get me started.  Or perhaps someone could point me in the right
direction.

The program - it is William Whitaker's Latin dictionary program "Whitaker's
Words", which he's been kind enough to let me experiment with - loads a
bunch of data, and then I need to pass in a string and get back a string
(from that data).

Any info gratefully accepted.

TIA,

Roger Pearse
<><

Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a Windows DLL in GNAT ADA
See the OS section on The Ada Source Code Treasury --
http://www.botton.com/ada

There is an article showing how this is done. Also look at the makefile
in the Creating COM Objects example.

David Botton

Quote:

>I have some ADA source, which I want to turn into a Windows 95 DLL.

Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a Windows DLL in GNAT ADA

Quote:

>See the OS section on The Ada Source Code Treasury --
>http://www.botton.com/ada

>There is an article showing how this is done. Also look at the makefile
>in the Creating COM Objects example.

Thanks a lot - just what I wanted.

Best wishes,

Roger Pearse <><

Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Windows DLLs NOT Created in Clarion for Windows

2. GNAT Ada - DLL - MSVC - debugging

3. gnat ada DLL and VB

4. Getting GNAT Ada DLL to work with MSVC++?

5. Getting GNAT Ada DLL to work... clarification

6. GNAT, Windows, DLLs

7. GNAT on Windows: winserve.dll not found

8. Windows, DirectX, DLLs, and Gnat

9. DLL's with GNAT 3.09 for Windows 95

10. Creating a DLL in Ada

11. Calling DLL created with Aonix Object Ada from Visual Basic

12. Using Windows DLLs NOT Created in Clarion