Web3D monthly media blog thing.
Author Message
 Web3D monthly media blog thing.

Hi all,
I thought there might be interest for this here......
I've attached the html version

pdf version gets sent out monthly, email me , and /or join the

elist if you want to get one monthly....

Larry R
SFWEB3D
Cube3.com
---------------------------

5/30/2003

The Cube3D Report
A Monthly Media Blog and Link-List Presenting a 123 of Digital Media Makers.
This Month's Topic:

"Web3D. Finally the "next thing" online?"

1. The Toolmakers:

It's been a busy few weeks for some web3d toolmaker's press release
machines. Updates and new features abound in the various applications.
Siggraph 2003 must be around the cornerJ .

  a.. Axel launches v.2
  b.. Anark announces v.2
  c.. Virtools shows v.2.5
  d.. Flux beta debuts from MediaMachines.
  e.. blaxxun returns.
2. The Creators:

Developers and designers of some of this web3d content seem to be getting
the ears of the press. Is it "again" or "finally?" Anyway it's good to see
some "buzz" and it seems to be around some good digital projects.

  a.. Machinima on Discovery Channel, in 3Dworld and CGW.
  b.. The Ark in Shockwave3D by specialmoves
  c.. Muranon: Axel booster
  d.. OgilvyInteractive uses Viewpoint for IBM ad.
  e.. Karl Sigiscar offers more 3D ease to Shockwave8.5.
3. The Clients:

A quick surfing of the leading corporate web-sites online should finally put
to rest the issue of whether "web3d" is the next big thing online. If one
looks at who's put online 3D content on their sites in the last few weeks
and how its "replacing" the 2D Flash cartoon or minigame as the star of the
"fun" section, it's apparent that the benefits of 3D as a media type is no
longer being lost on new media buyers.

  a.. Ideaworks ports popular 3D games to NOKIA "N-GAGE"
  b.. Mini Cooper Shockwave3D game
  c.. Mazeratti uses Anark for presentations.
  d.. Disney launches ToonTown 3D community for kids.
  e.. BMX Full Grind Game for Coast Soap by Wild Tangent.

About Cube3.com:

Cube Productions Inc. is a leading digital media design firm and consultant
working at the bleeding edge since 1990. We've produced original content
projects for both corporate and entertainment clients, and have consulted
with many software toolmakers relating to the development and marketing of
3D products and services. Larry Rosenthal, the principle of Cube3.com,
founded the NYVRMLSIG in 1996 and the largest active web3d user group
community, the SFWEB3D, in 2002. He speaks and writes regularly about
digital media as well as creates new content and client projects.

For further information, project requests, speaking engagement information,
etc. Contact us at:

Cube Productions Inc.
1315 Spruce Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
510.665.1823
www.cube3.com

Copyright: cube productions inc. CA 2003. All rights reserved

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:59:03 GMT
 Web3D monthly media blog thing.
grr..
sorry folks. i see that the html links to each news story or press release
dont show up via this newsgroup upload.. making the thing kinda
useless......lol

my apologies.......

try this url

http://www.cube3.com/c3report1.pdf

just grab the pdf version -- links will work.......lol

sorry again.
see you at the SFWEB3D- SPAZZ3D RETURNS meeting June 17th:) should be
fun...:)

LarryR
SFWEB3D
C3

Quote:
> [...]

> projects for both corporate and entertainment clients, and have consulted
> with many software toolmakers relating to the development and marketing of
> 3D products and services. Larry Rosenthal, the principle of Cube3.com,
> founded the NYVRMLSIG in 1996 and the largest active web3d user group
> community, the SFWEB3D, in 2002. He speaks and writes regularly about
> digital media as well as creates new content and client projects.

> For further information, project requests, speaking engagement
information,
> etc. Contact us at:

> Cube Productions Inc.
> 1315 Spruce Street
> Berkeley, CA 94709
> 510.665.1823
> www.cube3.com

> Copyright: cube productions inc. CA 2003. All rights reserved

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:20:36 GMT

1. NIWeek Blog

2. Interesting Robert C. Martin blog entry

3. an interesting blog entry

4. Great News Blog!

5. PHP Blog question

6. Great News Blog!

7. A worthwhile blog

8. ANNOUNCE: Focus on Web3D 5/24/00 weekly update

9. ANNOUNCE: Focus on Web3D 5/17/00 weekly update

10. ANNOUNCE: Focus on Web3D May 3, 2000 weekly update

11. ANNOUNCE: Focus on Web3D 4/5/00 weekly update

12. Is the Web3D effort going anywhere?