Virtual VRML Manufacturing
Author Message
 Virtual VRML Manufacturing

I've spent some time going through many links trying to find a good vrml
"manufacturing" world with moving assembly lines, storage/processing areas,
pallets, AGVs, etc. Is there any work being done in this area?

-paul

--

Dept. of Computer & Info       Phone & FAX: (352) 392-1414
 Science and Engineering       WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~fishwick

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual VRML Manufacturing

Quote:
> I've spent some time going through many links trying to find a good VRML
> "manufacturing" world with moving assembly lines, storage/processing areas,
> pallets, AGVs, etc. Is there any work being done in this area?

Hi, Paul,

I've got a few listed at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/worlds.html#Engineering but
the closest thing to what you might want that I can remember off the top
of my head is the stuff Sandy Ressler did with Black & Decker at NIST:
http://www.stl.nps.navy.mil/vrml97cd/papers/ressler/HTML/VIMUP.HTM
You might write to Sandy to see what he might be able to let you have.
I can't remember any more whether all the stuff in his paper is on his
site at NIST.  He did another paper, so I know there was a follow-on.
--
Bob Crispen

'T is with our judgments as our watches,--none
Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
-- Alexander Pope: _Essay on Criticism_

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual VRML Manufacturing

Quote:
> I've spent some time going through many links trying to find a good VRML
> "manufacturing" world with moving assembly lines, storage/processing areas,
> pallets, AGVs, etc. Is there any work being done in this area?

> -paul

Hello Paul,

take a look at DZ-SIMPROLOG at
http://www.igd.fhg.de/www/projects/dzsim/extern/indexeb.htm
There you will find a link to the CASUS project (computer animation
of simulation traces). A part of this project is a library of
animation objects for manufacturing.

Best regards
--
                       __
      _ __  _  _  _   / /__      Ralf Werner Holtkamp

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Global Virtual Manufacturing Conference

2. CD-ROM - VRML lion - a Virtual Reality programmers resource

3. CD-ROM - VRML lion - a Virtual Reality programmers resource

4. VRML - Virtual Reality Markup Language??

5. ANN:VRML applied to Sports (Soccer Virtual System)

6. New VRML banner ads at the virtual.gallery

7. best VRML and virtual reality sites...

8. New VRML site - includes updated Virtual Jupiter!

9. Take a look at a Virtual Art Gallery in VRML and build your own exhibitions

10. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

11. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

12. virtual method call faster that non-virtual method?