java-vrml
Author Message
 java-vrml

hi,
Im trying to develop a world where you can change the position of an
object using data from a network or a file.
Has anybody any experience in develop things like this?
I think i have to use java for acess to the network or file information
and after that send the information to the word.

My browser is cosmoplayer ( winnt and silicon graphics).

Julian Flores.
Lab. Sistemas
15706-Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
Spain

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 java-vrml

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:
> hi,
> Im trying to develop a world where you can change the position of an
> object using data from a network or a file.
> Has anybody any experience in develop things like this?
> I think i have to use java for acess to the network or file information
> and after that send the information to the word.

> My browser is cosmoplayer ( winnt and silicon graphics).

> Julian Flores.

I am doing precisely that on Windows NT by using the browser's (Cosmo 1.0)
EAI interface and moving the objects through a Java applet, which gets
its data across the internet from a remote server.

You can even dynamically add and delete objects from the world.

I suggest you get started at http://cosmo.sgi.com/player/developer/eai.
It is cryptic and much too concise but it ought to be enough. Good luck.

Mark

--

         WWW-URL: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/mds24
~ Office ~                                               ~  Home ~

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

2. JAVA + VRML (VRML libraries)

3. RESUME: will code for hourly rate [11 yrs total exp, Smalltalk, Java, VRML, 3D Multiuser Simulations]

4. Java VRML Package

5. java-vrml.how to get the browser.

6. java vrml dir local disk

7. JAVA + VRML