VRML2 to OpenGL?
Author Message
 VRML2 to OpenGL?

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is covered in a faq, I am
fairly new to the vrml group.

I would like to know if there is somekind
of loader to translate easily VRML2.0 file
into OpenGL?

Thanks.

Anatole

 Anatole LECUYER
 PhD Student

AEROSPATIALE MATRA
Centre Commun de Recherche Louis Bleriot
12 rue Pasteur
92152 Suresnes France.
Tel. +33 1 46973208

Laboratoire de Robotique de Paris
CNRS URA 1778 - UPMC - UVSQ
10-12 Avenue de l'Europe
78140 Velizy France.
Tel. +33 1 39254964 Fax. +33 1 39254967

Institut National de Recherche en Informatique
et en Automatique
Domaine de Voluceau
78153 Le Chesnay France.
Tel. +33 1 39635423

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML2 to OpenGL?

Quote:
> I would like to know if there is somekind
> of loader to translate easily VRML2.0 file
> into OpenGL?

Yes, thats  easy,
grab a copy of the contact source code from web3d.org
and dump all gl rendering commands in gshell*.cpp and glrender.*
do a text file or directly generate C-syntax replaying the scene,
voila a VRML scene in pure OpenGL

-- Holger

blaxxun interactive  http://www.blaxxun.com

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. OpenGL-Win32: Opengl slave?

2. OpenGL module and Tk/OpenGL widget for NT?

3. ANNOUNCE: VRML2 module for visualization

4. vrml1 to vrml2

5. convert vrml1 to vrml2

6. VRML2.0 to DirectX/3DS

7. shutter glasses to see vrml2

8. Late Night VRML2.0 w/ Java

9. VRML2 conversion to other formats?

10. IE5 and VRML2 microsoft plugin with EAI

11. VRML2 to VRML1

12. VRML2 paragraphing/indenting software?