Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI
Author Message
 Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI

I am desparately, well OK not desparately, but I am looking for someone
who could point me to some ENTRY LEVEL resources on Neural Networks.  I
would like to know more about them before I commit to using genetic
algorithms in my game.  If anyone has a resource they could point me to I
would be greatly appreciative, would even be willing to share the Java
code that would make up the AINode of the .wrl file.  Please help ANYONE !
! !

                                          -toby

Thu, 22 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI

Quote:
>I am desparately, well OK not desparately, but I am looking for someone
>who could point me to some ENTRY LEVEL resources on Neural Networks.  I
>would like to know more about them before I commit to using genetic
>algorithms in my game.  If anyone has a resource they could point me to I
>would be greatly appreciative, would even be willing to share the Java
>code that would make up the AINode of the .wrl file.  Please help ANYONE !
>! !
>                                          -toby

Hi,

You could try my AIR.
For NNs take -- Intelligent Systems: Neural Nets. by Kevin Gurney.

You can ask on comp.ai.neural-nets as well.

If you need something else, simply email me.

Your idea sounds interesting, but... game? :)))

Hope this helps,
Piotr

--
Piotr Teczynski

http://hum.amu.edu.pl/~pteczyn/

AMU-NET Artificial Intelligence Repository
http://math.amu.edu.pl/ftp/ai/AMU-AIR.html
ftp://ftp.amu.edu.pl/pub/ai/

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI

Quote:

>I am desparately, well OK not desparately, but I am looking for someone
>who could point me to some ENTRY LEVEL resources on Neural Networks.  I
>would like to know more about them before I commit to using genetic
>algorithms in my game.  If anyone has a resource they could point me to I
>would be greatly appreciative, would even be willing to share the Java
>code that would make up the AINode of the .wrl file.  Please help ANYONE !
>! !

C++ Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic by Rao is pretty entry level-ish.
A couple of comments, though.  I don't know what platform you are
working on, but most vrml 2.0 worlds that are barely worth looking
slow my P133 with 16mb of RAM to a halt.  I don't know where the
bottleneck is, but RAM would be one guess.  IOW, good luck on
making a world that performs well.

Secondly, you can check out AI Agents in Virtual Reality Worlds
which addresses game programming.  I'm not sure of the author.
C++ books may be the best you're going to do for coding examples
since I haven't seen any Java NNs yet.  Not that they aren't there,
but I doubt there is demand enough for a book.  If you just want
theory of NNs, then find a textbook, just make sure that it approaches
NNs from a computer science aspect.

Cheers~

Will

Sun, 25 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI

Quote:

>Secondly, you can check out AI Agents in Virtual Reality Worlds
>which addresses game programming.  I'm not sure of the author.
>Will

Hello! I wrote "AI Agents in Virtual Reality Worlds". The publisher is
J. Wiley (1996). I cover neural networks, genetic algorithms,
plan management, etc. Simple graphical examples are
provided that run natively uner OpenGL, Macintosh Quickdraw,
and, of course Windows [3.1,95,NT] GDI.

Best regards,
   Mark Watson

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. EAI version of VRML 2.0 Tic-Tac-Toe game (VRML + Java)

2. VRML 2.0 clarification and a bit of help needed

3. VRML 2.0 Tic-Tac-Toe Game

4. ANNOUNCE: VRML 2.0/Java Game

5. need VRML game scene

6. Help making KCL on Ultrix 2.0

7. When using AI start with pretrigger scans, which terminals do I need for AI Read

8. Code Listings Need for VRML 2.0

9. vrml 2.0 player or plug-in needed

10. Need URL for specs uncompressed binary format VRML 2.0

11. Java in VRML code...need help...or need a piano/keyborad.wrl

12. Gif in VRML 2.0, Cosmoplayer 2.0