EAI Problem: box scaling & planesensor
Author Message
 EAI Problem: box scaling & planesensor

Hi,
my problem: I created a box connected to a planesensor. when resizing
this box with scale of a transform node it is hardly possible to move
the box to an exact point in the y-direction. when moving the mouse to
the upper edge  the box jumps to the maxPosition of the planesensor. but
no problem in x-direction.
anybody knows this problem ?
thanks in advance

  Peter

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EAI Problem: box scaling & planesensor
Hey, congratulations!  You found a new browser bug, it seems!

(Presumably you didn't rescale only the y-direction.  Or...?)

What browser are you using (so we know to watch out for that bug if we use
it)?

-  Bob Greer

Quote:
>Hi,
>my problem: I created a box connected to a planesensor. when resizing
>this box with scale of a transform node it is hardly possible to move
>the box to an exact point in the y-direction. when moving the mouse to
>the upper edge  the box jumps to the maxPosition of the planesensor. but
>no problem in x-direction.
>anybody knows this problem ?
>thanks in advance

>  Peter

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EAI Problem: box scaling & planesensor
Hi,

I have had a similar problem.
Probably you have to resize the PlaneSensor too, otherwise the Box and the
PlaneSensor have two different reference systems.You can use a Transform
node that include the box and the sensor.

Emanuele.

Quote:

> Hi,
> my problem: I created a box connected to a planesensor. when resizing
> this box with scale of a transform node it is hardly possible to move
> the box to an exact point in the y-direction. when moving the mouse to
> the upper edge  the box jumps to the maxPosition of the planesensor. but
> no problem in x-direction.
> anybody knows this problem ?
> thanks in advance

>   Peter

Emanuele Bovisio                                             tel:
+39-0332-785 195
Joint Research Centre                                      fax: +39-0332-789
185
TP 270 - via E. Fermi                                      e-mail:

21020 Ispra (VA) - ITALY

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EAI Problem: box scaling & planesensor
Hello,
it's not a problem of the eai.
this problem occurs when scaling the sensor to a very small size in one
direction.
Placing the sensor outside the Tansform-node should solve this problem.
I'm using netscape4.08, cosmo2.1.

here's an example:
--------------------
#VRML V2.0 utf8
DEF maintransform Transform {rotation 1 0 0 -1
   children [
      DEF cardtransform Transform {scale 2 0.01 1
         children [
            Shape {geometry Box {size 1 1 1}}
            DEF cardps PlaneSensor{
               minPosition -4 -4
               maxPosition 4  4
            }
         ]
    }
   ]

Quote:
}

ROUTE cardps.translation_changed TO cardtransform.set_translation
---------------------

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. windowresizing & scaling problem

2. Problem with scale Tk's scale widget

3. Problems with PlaneSensor in Cosmo 2.0

4. Frustrated by PlaneSensor Problem

5. DVF problem : graphics & Dialog boxes

6. accessing a Box node with EAI

7. EAI - seeing bounding boxes from Java

8. problems with dialog box - list boxes

9. VRML EAI problems: Java3d solves many portabilty problems of VRML

10. Getting rid of scale labels in scale legends?

11. At run time Can I change scale lable and representaion of scale on the XY graph

12. Canvas scaling without scaling