newbie: Using shout3d in java stand-alone-application
Author Message
 newbie: Using shout3d in java stand-alone-application

Hello,

i want to use shout3d within a java application.

i tried:

   shout3dapplet = new Shout3DApplet() {
        public String getParameter(String name){
            if (name.equals("backgroundColorR")) return "1.0";
            <- snip ->
            else return null;
        }};
    shout3dapplet.initShout3DPanel();
    shout3dpanel = new Shout3DPanel(shout3dapplet,300,300);
    String urls[] = new String[1];
    urls[0] = filename;
    shout3dapplet.setSceneFromURL(urls);

when it comes to setSceneFromURL a NullPointerException occurs and i
get the following message:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at shout3d.Shout3DPanel.a(Shout3DPanel.java)

        at shout3d.core.Bindable.onFieldChange(Bindable.java)

        at shout3d.core.Background.onFieldChange(Background.java)

        at shout3d.core.Field.fieldNotify(Field.java)

        at shout3d.core.BooleanField.setValue(BooleanField.java)

        at shout3d.Shout3DPanel.u(Shout3DPanel.java)

        at shout3d.Shout3DPanel.setScene(Shout3DPanel.java)

        at shout3d.Shout3DPanel.setSceneFromURL(Shout3DPanel.java)

        at shout3d.Shout3DApplet.setSceneFromURL(Shout3DApplet.java)

        at showVRML(Miniview.java:374)

<- snip ->

Shout3D 2.5.9 Speed Release - c:\Vrml\test.wrl

Copyright (c) 2001 Eyematic Interfaces, Inc.

Any help appreciated! Has Anybody SampleCode for Shout3D-Applications?

BTW: I also developed some Applets with Shout3D, they are working
fine..

TIA
Stefan

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:55:42 GMT
 newbie: Using shout3d in java stand-alone-application

Quote:

> Hello,

> i want to use shout3d within a java application.

It is somehow prevented by Shout3D to use it in an application...
From shout3D:

<--
LICENSE AGREEMENT:

You may not Modify or adapt the Software, or create any derivative
works of the Software other than Applets developed by you as expressly
permitted above.
-->

See also:
http://www.shout3d.com/wwwboard/messages/1910.html

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:27:52 GMT
 newbie: Using shout3d in java stand-alone-application

Quote:

> Hello,

> i want to use shout3d within a java application.

Fixed! It is somehow prevented by Shout3D to use it in an
application...
From shout3D:

<--
LICENSE AGREEMENT:

You may not Modify or adapt the Software, or create any derivative
works of the Software other than Applets developed by you as expressly
permitted above.
-->

See also:
http://www.shout3d.com/wwwboard/messages/1910.html

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:24:31 GMT

1. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

2. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

3. Stand alone application with VISA

4. Finding Other LabView Stand-Alone Applications On Same Computer

5. immediate execution of stand-alone application

6. immediate execution of stand-alone application

7. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2

8. stand alone oberon application

9. SCM stand-alone application?

10. stand alone applications

11. Stand-Alone Python Application

12. Stand alone Linux Application in CDROM?