PC CosmoPlayer - Using IS with eventIn's
Author Message
 PC CosmoPlayer - Using IS with eventIn's

--------------63DE69561372

Hi

Wondering whether anyone can help me with a problem I'm having in trying
to get my world to load into PC CosmoPlayer Beta3a (it loads fine into
IRIX CosmoPlayer 1.0.2b2)

I have attached two really short files - the main file (main.wrl) and an
external prototype definition file (part1.wrl). Try loading main.wrl
into PC CP and you should get an error:

" Syntax error occurred at line 10
Prototype has no field 'spinme' "

Which is saying that it doesn't like the line in part1.wrl which reads:

Quote:
> enabled IS spinme

(where spinme is an eventIn)

Apparently this should work fine so it *sounds* like it may be a problem
with the PC version of CosmoPlayer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known workaround?

Any help/pointers (preferably by email) much appreciated

Cheers
        Kevin
--
Kevin Mansell

London Road                     Tel: +44 (0)1279 402809
Harlow, Essex, UK  CM17 9NA     Fax: +44 (0)1279 402047

--------------63DE69561372

#VRML V2.0 utf8

EXTERNPROTO GeomPartDef [
  eventIn SFBool spinme
] "part1.wrl#GeomPartDef"

Group {
  children [
    DEF GeomPart GeomPartDef {
      },
  ]

Quote:
},

--------------63DE69561372

#VRML V2.0 utf8

PROTO GeomPartDef [
  eventIn SFBool spinme
]
{
  Transform {
    children [
      DEF my SphereSensor {
        enabled IS spinme
      }
  ]

Quote:
},
},

--------------63DE69561372--

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PC CosmoPlayer - Using IS with eventIn's

Quote:

> Hi

> " Syntax error occurred at line 10
> Prototype has no field 'spinme' "

> Which is saying that it doesn't like the line in part1.wrl which reads:

> > enabled IS spinme

try this one:
    set_enabled IS spinme

I tried this and cosmo-player b3a shows no errors. Dont ask me why. I
dont know.

ciao

Taci

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. making use of multiple eventIn's

2. can't access EventIn !!?

3. 'cosmoplayer.jar' file needed

4. CosmoPlayer download page 'out of order'?

5. Q: PROTO MFNode fields in CosmoPlayer 1.0.1 PC

6. User coordinates and CosmoPlayer, PC-B3

7. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

8. Using two PC's in parallel

9. Using Oberon on X11 PC's

10. Using PC Scheme's RUNTIME.APP file

11. A possible solution to problems installing CosmoPlayer (from sgi.cosmoplayer)

12. 'who am i' from unix