EAI specification
Author Message
 EAI specification

Hello,

Where exactly can I find EAI specification?

Regards,

K.Polak

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:13:20 GMT
 EAI specification

Quote:

> Hello,

> Where exactly can I find EAI specification?

> Regards,

> K.Polak

http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/vrml-eai/ExternalInterface.html

Also, great FAQ about EAI:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/eaifaq.html

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:40:22 GMT
 EAI specification
Thanks, and I've got one question more

Where can I find compiled classes for EAI (x3d) for example as jar file?

k.polak

Quote:

> > Hello,

> > Where exactly can I find EAI specification?

> > Regards,

> > K.Polak

> http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/vrml-eai/ExternalInterface.html

> Also, great FAQ about EAI:
> http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/eaifaq.html

> - Paul
> ***********************************
> Paul S. Hoffman
> Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

> Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
> Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
> 609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:13:57 GMT
 EAI specification
 Bob Crispen has a wealth of information about all things
VRML, and it is great place for information about vrml EAI:

  http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/
  http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/faq/index.html
  http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/faq/faq3.html

 There are four type of Java files:

 1) ".java" - the source ( human readable files )
 2) ".class" - the individual compiled Class Objects files
 4) ".jar" - Java ARchive files, a compressed collection of files
 3) ".zip" - a compressed collection of files.

  There is fungability there ... ".jar" and ".zip" files are
basically the same thing, you can uncompress and
 unarchive the ".zip" and ".jar" files and get the ".class"
files, and you can take the ".class" files and archive them
into either JAR or ZIP archives.

  For development purposes it may be desirable to
un-archive the files into a directory structure. Often
you can unarchive ".jar" files by changing to the
suffix to ".jar.gz" and use GZIP uncompression.

 You can get the open source VRML Loaders from
WEB3D ( the 'old' 97 beta circa 99 ) and get an
idea of what magic lies inside.

Quote:
>  Thanks, and I've got one question more

>  Where can I find ... classes for EAI (x3d) for example as jar file ?

>  k.polak

 I've updated my version of the EAI Faq twice this week
to better answer your questions -- in part by just making
the links to The Rev.'s site more prominent.

 Please feel free to ask more questions -- your questions
have pointed out that the deficiencies in some of  EAI
resources ... there are now more links to examples with
sources, so you probably have enough information to
move forward ... hopefully without any significant problems.

 Put it on the web & let us see it when you've got
something working ... it doesn't have to be perfect,
polished, and finished ... some in the community may
help you with donations of code & artwork, friendly
comments, constructive criticism is occasionally given.

 Welcome to Web 3D.

 -- Paul F,   Java Developer & Web Animator.
"Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a Keyboard"

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:34:46 GMT
 EAI specification

Quote:

>   For development purposes it may be desirable to
> un-archive the files into a directory structure. Often
> you can unarchive ".jar" files by changing to the
> suffix to ".jar.gz" and use GZIP uncompression.

I find that

        jar xf archive.jar

works very well in un-archiving a jar file

Alun

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:54:27 GMT
 EAI specification

Feb 2001:

Quote:

>>   For development purposes it may be desirable to
>> un-archive the files into a directory structure. Often
>> you can unarchive ".jar" files by changing to the
>> suffix to ".jar.gz" and use GZIP uncompression.

>I find that

>     jar xf archive.jar

>works very well in un-archiving a jar file

Associating .jar with WinZip also works.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Save the whales.  Collect the whole set.

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:06:45 GMT
 EAI specification

Quote:

> Feb 2001:

> >>   For development purposes it may be desirable to
> >> un-archive the files into a directory structure. Often
> >> you can unarchive ".jar" files by changing to the
> >> suffix to ".jar.gz" and use GZIP uncompression.

> >I find that

> >     jar xf archive.jar

> >works very well in un-archiving a jar file

> Associating .jar with WinZip also works.

Don't do it - .jar is normally associated with javaw -jar, which allows
to autorun it by doubleclick, just as normal exe file.

Artur

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:24:41 GMT
 EAI specification
whats javaw?
db
Quote:
> Don't do it - .jar is normally associated with javaw -jar, which allows
> to autorun it by doubleclick, just as normal exe file.

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:41:15 GMT
 EAI specification

Quote:

> whats javaw?

Under windows it is program similar to java.exe, but it does not display
console.

Artur

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:50:26 GMT
 EAI specification
k, so u just use a batch file with 'javaw MyClass' and it loads myclass, but
without keeping the MSDOS prompt open.
nice
Quote:
> Under windows it is program similar to java.exe, but it does not display
> console.

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:59:11 GMT
 EAI specification

Quote:

> k, so u just use a batch file with 'javaw MyClass' and it loads myclass, but
> without keeping the MSDOS prompt open.

It will open to execute bat file :) I think you can change some property
for bat file in windows specific way.
Anyway, even then it will only open for a short moment - with java.exe
it stays for entire application life.

Artur

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:34:42 GMT
 EAI specification
Quote:
> It will open to execute bat file :) I think you can change some property
> for bat file in windows specific way.
> Anyway, even then it will only open for a short moment - with java.exe
> it stays for entire application life.

yup i know what u mean, thanx. might use that one day if i ever make a
usefull app
db

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:48:33 GMT

1. Where can I get the old EAI specification?

2. EAI and coding to the EAI

3. Differences between EAI 1 and EAI 2

4. Difference between EAI and EAI 2nd generation?

5. ServerSocket host specification

6. IBM/370 architecture specification

7. Specification of a Smalltalk-VM

8. Smalltalk-80 Specification?

9. Smalltalk Standard + Specification Grammar??

10. CSV Specification

11. RFC: Smalltalk Semantic Specifications (S3)

12. specifications for declaring equates/named constants in powerbasic 3.5