OpenSpace 1.0b1 - 3D Shared Worlds (VRML, OpenGL)
Author Message
 OpenSpace 1.0b1 - 3D Shared Worlds (VRML, OpenGL)

NOTE:
-----
This is a beta release. Compiling and installing may require a bit of
work, and the documentation is admittedly inadequate. However, if you
run into any problem, drop me a note and I'll try to respond as soon as
possible. Thanks.

                     OpenSpace V1.0 (beta release 1)
                     -------------------------------

OpenSpace is a discrete-event modeling and simulation package for developing
autonomous agents.  It is written in C/Tcl/Tk, and is designed to support the
construction of distributed interactive, multi-user 3D shared environments.
It uses vrml as the shape (not scene!) description language and OpenGL/Mesa as
the rendering engine.  This is the first official beta release.

I am in the process of collecting and organizing the bits and pieces of
information about OpenSpace that I have scattered all over the place into
some coherent form of documentation.  For now I have only placed a few
screen shots at:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ihsu/ospace.html

to give you an idea of what OpenSpace is about.  You may also download the
source distribution from the same site.  I expect the web site to be ready
in about two weeks.  Hopefully at that time I will also have precompiled
binaries available for download.  In the meantime, if you have questions to
ask, suggestions to make, or bugs to report, please drop me a note at

-Irving Hsu
-6/23/96

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. OpenSpace 1.0b1 - 3D Shared Worlds (VRML, OpenGL)

2. ANN: VRMLmagic - New Interactive 3D VRML Web/World Authoring Tool

3. T-World 3D Chat World

4. ANN MeshMart's VRML Update Mar 31 and World of WOrlds

5. VOTE VRML WORLDS: ITALIAN VRML COMPETITION

6. Two VRML worlds (VRML+Java)

7. 3D and OpenGL

8. pthread trouble with ruby-opengl on FreeBSD (was: Re: [announcement] Ruby 3D Ruby)

9. Public Preview: SansGUI 1.2 supports OpenGL* 3D Graphics Programming

10. OpenGL or Direct-3D???

11. 3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?

12. TkSM 1.3 - An OpenGL based 3D modeling extension