VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter
Author Message
 VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

We have an application that requires vrml 1.0, yet we would like to use a
VRML builder tool that only saves in VRML 2.0.  Does anyone know of a
conversion utility (preferably Win PC) that will transform VRML 2.0 to VRML
1.0?

Thanks,
EC

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

Quote:

> We have an application that requires VRML 1.0, yet we would like to use a
> VRML builder tool that only saves in VRML 2.0.  Does anyone know of a
> conversion utility (preferably Win PC) that will transform VRML 2.0 to VRML
> 1.0?

Try Accutrans3D, from MicroMouse Productions. (though it may have
trouble with some VRML2 geometry - the version I'm running doesn't like
USE statements)

        http://www.quantumlynx.com/micromouse/

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

Quote:

> We have an application that requires VRML 1.0, yet we would like to use a
> VRML builder tool that only saves in VRML 2.0.  Does anyone know of a
> conversion utility (preferably Win PC) that will transform VRML 2.0 to VRML
> 1.0?

The only one I've ever heard of is Cosmo Worlds, whose
authors allege that it will import VRML 97 and export
VRML 1.0.  I have no idea how you can buy it, so try
to schedule your project so that you'll do all the
conversions to stay within Cosmo Worlds' trial period.
--
Bob Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a
> conversion utility (preferably Win PC) that will transform VRML 2.0

to VRML 1.0?

Try AccuTrans 3D:

http://www.quantumlynx.com/micromouse/index.html

I haven't tried the conversion you want but it claims to both read and
write both VRML1 and VRML2 - and it does what it says on the
conversions I have tried. Of course much of VRML2 cannot be done in
VRML1 - but some geometry can...

- Ralph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a
> conversion utility (preferably Win PC) that will transform VRML 2.0 to
VRML
> 1.0?

> Thanks,
> EC

Demand for this has been expressed again and again.  Maybe I'll give it a
try, but I've got to get my VRML97 straightened out first.  Don't think
it'll be that hard, it's just a question of finding the time.  Naturally,
you'd lose all animation, scripting, etc.  Light scoping seems like it might
be tough too...<rant> Sheesh!  I wish the VRML97 spec hadn't been written to
cater to the scoping issues associated with existing engines</rant>

--Steve

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 converter

2. VRML 2.0 compliant version of LodeStar or VRML 2.0->1.0 converter

3. vrml 1.0 to 2.0 converter?

4. Converte VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

5. VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

6. converting VRML 1.0 to VRML 2.0

7. VRML 1.0 to 97 Converter?

8. POV 2 VRML 1.0 Converter

9. DXF->VRML/VRML->DXF Converter

10. HLP: Is there a VRML 2 to VRML 1 converter

11. vrml 1.0 and 2.0

12. problem of convert vrml 1.0 to 2.0