ReadAudio and VRML!?
Author Message
 ReadAudio and VRML!?

Hi Hi,

    It seems to be that we can not playing RealAudio using AudioClip
node.  Right!?

    Although I can use hyperlink (Anchor node) to play a ra file, I can
use the 3 D effect of sound.

    The ra file can be listened with all area of scene.

    Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem!? (Playing RealAudio
with 3 D effect)

thx

Wesley Yip

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ReadAudio and VRML!?
Hi Wesley,

If I get your question correctly, try embedding your vrml file in a
web page (small vrml browser window) and then in that web page, embed
a .ra file. This won't give you the 3d effect but will play the .ra at
about the same time the world loads and throughout the world.

I did this with a midi file on my vrml page below: (way down there)
:)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:02:53 +0800, Wesley Yip

Quote:

>Hi Hi,

>    It seems to be that we can not playing RealAudio using AudioClip
>node.  Right!?

>    Although I can use hyperlink (Anchor node) to play a ra file, I can
>use the 3 D effect of sound.

>    The ra file can be listened with all area of scene.

>    Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem!? (Playing RealAudio
>with 3 D effect)

>thx

>Wesley Yip

Jack Andrews
http://www.primenet.com/~amiga Original Art

http://members.tripod.com/~artist_3/ Original VRML Art

http://www.primenet.com/~amiga/chronicpain1.html
Our Lives With Chronic Pain
(please contribute your "thoughts" to this site)

Let not the fierce sun dry one tear of pain before thyself
hast wiped it from the sufferer's eye.
H. P. Blavatsky (1831-1891)

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ReadAudio and VRML!?
Hi,

Could someone help me on how to include quotation marks inside a string?
I wanted to put a url inside a string, and then create a node using
createVrmlFromString, but I can't use " simply because the whole thing is
inside a url" javascript:   "  tag. I've tried \", but I got a very black
screen, instead of many nice objects, as if Cosmo ignored the rest of my
script. here's a part of the code for a clearer description:
url "javascript:
      newObjString =  'Transform { '+
                              '  children [ '+
                              '    Inline { url "1.wrl" }'+
                              '  ] '+
                              '} ';
        xform = Browser.createVrmlFromString(newObjString);

Thanks,

Gazsi

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ReadAudio and VRML!?
Hi,
you should use:    \"

--
Kveejur / Gruesse / Regards
                                  Sigrn

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

2. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

3. VRML 2000 : Platform Independence Keeps VRML alive

4. Rapid flipping between 2 VRML-1 files with VRML-2

5. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

6. vrml-java-generated vrml

7. Comunication between a VRML and a embedded VRML

8. VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages

9. obj to VRML & VRML to obj

10. IT-VRML: first Italian Vrml conference

11. VRML 3.0 or VRML 9x?

12. VOTE VRML WORLDS: ITALIAN VRML COMPETITION