User Inferface in VRML Problem (Newbie)
Author Message
 User Inferface in VRML Problem (Newbie)

    I was just wondering how could i make an object move in front
    of the user, wherever he moves, I know the pieces: a
    ProximitySensor, a node (lets call it UI), and a simple script
    routing the proximitysensor's position_changed event to
    UI.translation (asuming UI is a Transform Node), i have tried to
    solve this programming puzzle, but i get annoying results ,
    really ugly results....

    Cound someone post (or mail ) some source?
    Thanx a lot

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 User Inferface in VRML Problem (Newbie)

Quote:

>     I was just wondering how could i make an object move in front
>     of the user, wherever he moves, I know the pieces: a
>     ProximitySensor, a node (lets call it UI), and a simple script
>     routing the proximitysensor's position_changed event to
>     UI.translation (asuming UI is a Transform Node), i have tried to
>     solve this programming puzzle, but i get annoying results ,
>     really ugly results....

>     Cound someone post (or mail ) some source?

http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/faq/faq5.html#q5

No Script needed.  Just ROUTEs.
--
Bob & Kelly Crispen

"And I observe, when any Yahoo comes from London out of Curiosity [to]
visit me at mine own House, we neither of us are able to deliver our
Conceptions in a Manner intelligible to the other."

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 User Inferface in VRML Problem (Newbie)

Quote:

>     I was just wondering how could i make an object move in front
>     of the user, wherever he moves, I know the pieces: a
>     ProximitySensor, a node (lets call it UI), and a simple script
>     routing the proximitysensor's position_changed event to
>     UI.translation (asuming UI is a Transform Node), i have tried to
>     solve this programming puzzle, but i get annoying results ,
>     really ugly results....

>     Cound someone post (or mail ) some source?
>     Thanx a lot

You can check out http://home.HiWAAY.net/~crispen/vrml/faq/faq5.html#q5

---
yong bing

Thu, 05 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie problem with user input

2. VRML EAI problems: Java3d solves many portabilty problems of VRML

3. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

4. ACL foreign inferface: calling function-pointers

5. Creating an Inferface regarding

6. Problem viewing vrml files in IE 3.02 + vrml 2.0 add in

7. VRML/Live3D on-the-fly VRML problem

8. VRML Multi User Experiences?!

9. VRML - Multi-user S-C Programming

10. Multi-user vrml world