from frames
Author Message
 from frames

Does anybody know how to use the browser.getBrowser() method, if the
applet is in a different frame than the vrml world.

thanks for your help

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 from frames

Quote:
> Does anybody know how to use the browser.getBrowser() method, if the
> applet is in a different frame than the vrml world.

> thanks for your help

Call getBrowser with the applet, the frame name and an optional index as the
three parameters eg:
vrmlBrowser = Browser.getBrowser(applet, frameName, 0);
However I found different values are required for the index parameter for
different web browsers (this was with Cosmo Player and Blaxxun).  When using
Netscape the index must always be 0 while when using Internet Explorer the
index must correspond to the order that the frame is created in the frameset
starting at 0.

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 from frames
Hi,

Browser.getBrowser(Applet, String FrameName, int vrmlIndex);

Take care, this work fine with cp but not with worldview

Jean-Louis

smyp a crit :

Quote:

> Does anybody know how to use the browser.getBrowser() method, if the
> applet is in a different frame than the vrml world.

> thanks for your help

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 from frames
On a related but different note.

I had a situation where I had to send input in one html frame to the
VRML world located in another. Even though the three parameter solution
i.e. (> vrmlBrowser = Browser.getBrowser(applet, frameName, 0);
) works it did not solve my problems, instead I had to create a
VBScript in one frame, which communicated with the EAI-applet in
another frame.

Regards
noxqs

Quote:

--
I find your disturbing trust of lack

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

2. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

3. Movietexture Frame by Frame control

4. Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

5. resources for vtcl - hide frames and display new frames

6. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame

7. Removing widgets from frames, why frames don't resize to 0x0

8. ??Call to the Unification Algorithm (code) using Frames. Frames???

9. Starting a Frame dependent on destruction of another Frame...

10. Problem with framing layout on a system using large fonts

11. Video Frame Grab From VW

12. Main Frames