new worlds
Author Message
 new worlds

Hi to all.

Would you be so kind to check these vrml worlds?!:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Recommended:
IE5.0 + cosmo2.1 (if you want to install these two, do IE at first !!! ,
in the cosmo installation choose unsupported browser). On my system the
OpenGL-renderer has best performance.

Please report bugs (java applet not visible, no sound, performance)
and your test system (hardware and software).

Thanks in advance and best regards,

HILMAR.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 new worlds
exception: java.lang.NullPointerException (virtuelle Achterbahn: Achterbahn
Freizeitpark, Achterbahn Konstruktion):

IE 5 fails with exception during loading Flugplatz-scene.

I use: IE 5, Windows NT 4.0 SP 5, CosmoPlayer 2.1

Klaudius Grzondziel

Quote:
> Hi to all.

> Would you be so kind to check these vrml worlds?!:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hoefer.hermens/vr.htm

> Recommended:
> IE5.0 + cosmo2.1 (if you want to install these two, do IE at first !!! ,
> in the cosmo installation choose unsupported browser). On my system the
> OpenGL-renderer has best performance.

> Please report bugs (java applet not visible, no sound, performance)
> and your test system (hardware and software).

> Thanks in advance and best regards,

> HILMAR.

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 new worlds

Quote:
> Hi to all.

> Would you be so kind to check these vrml worlds?!:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hoefer.hermens/vr.htm

> Recommended:
> IE5.0 + cosmo2.1 (if you want to install these two, do IE at first !!! ,

that's what I'm using.  I tried the first one.  After waiting a few minutes
for it to download, I was disappointed by the fact that the frame layout
caused everything to be pushed into the lower right hand corner, and there
are no scroll bars.  I am running at 800 by 600.  So, I gave up hit stop,
and backed up.  Now windows is hosed and I need to reboot.

I don't blame you for windows crashing, but I think maybe you could do
something about the frames.  Either don't frame the world, or frame it using
percentages instead of pixels.

--Steve

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 new worlds
I use Netscape4.6/Cosmo2.1.1
on "Achterbahn-Freizeitpark", it stragely ask for permission to view a
document using my textpad app - with all the warning, etc - after I say ok,
it download the (what I think is the) .wrl - about 300k - but textpad didnt
launch... Cosmo didnt seem to start either - maybe some mime type prob on
the server side which would confuse Netscape to open a .wrl with textpad?
Anyhow I ended up with an empty black frame - here Steve's suggestion for
framing seem a good one.

Same for the others world but this time I say No to launch textpad just to
see what happen and as expected, nothing... :-) Applet "ABanh" initialize
though
Getting back to main page give "javascript error: type javascript in
location for details" which I've done to get nowhere at Netscape search
about javascript

Could you provide your links in vrml only form (link to a .wrl file instead
of  .html)?

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

Quote:

> Hi to all.

> Would you be so kind to check these vrml worlds?!:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hoefer.hermens/vr.htm

> Recommended:
> IE5.0 + cosmo2.1 (if you want to install these two, do IE at first !!! ,
> in the cosmo installation choose unsupported browser). On my system the
> OpenGL-renderer has best performance.

> Please report bugs (java applet not visible, no sound, performance)
> and your test system (hardware and software).

> Thanks in advance and best regards,

> HILMAR.

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 new worlds
Hi again.

Sorry for the bad framing, I will correct this.
For the meanwhile here is the site with the links to pure vrml:
http://home.t-online.de/home/hoefer.hermens/vr2.htm

You have to navigate with page-up/-down instead of  java-buttons.

If you are using netscape you could get problems by leaving one world. Maybe
it's possible to fix that by opening a new browser window.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer,

Hilmar Hermens.

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 new worlds
Seem you gunzip your files; that fine but you'll better to set the extention to
".wrl" instead of ".wrz"
Browsers handle gunzip automatically
Maybe that didnt help in the html and thus the reason Netscape tryed to open
textpad instead of cosmo

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

Quote:

> Hi again.

> Sorry for the bad framing, I will correct this.
> For the meanwhile here is the site with the links to pure vrml:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hoefer.hermens/vr2.htm

> You have to navigate with page-up/-down instead of  java-buttons.

> If you are using netscape you could get problems by leaving one world. Maybe
> it's possible to fix that by opening a new browser window.

> Thanks a lot for your quick answer,

> Hilmar Hermens.

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. APL News and I-APL (New World)

2. Checkout new world...

3. Please check my new world, thanks :)

4. New World and VRML V2 spec

5. New World at the Mining Company

6. New World: NewBurma:Pagan:FloatingWorld

7. Cool New Worlds...

8. question about a new world

9. thanx - and new world

10. Experience a NEW WORLD of multimedia!

11. my new world

12. A new world online : VRML Campus