Swing inside IE5 VRML Browser?
Author Message
 Swing inside IE5 VRML Browser?

I have a problem that has baffled me, can anyone help?

Using:
    Internet Explorer 5.0
    Cortona vrml player
    Windows NT 4, SP5
    JDK 1.2.2
Written:
    VRML text file with script node containg Java.
    Want to bring up java window when a 3D object is clicked,
    but the error at the bottom appears in the console window.
Tried:
    Checked CLASSPATH - different error occues when this is not set properly
    Checked .dll's - duplicated into cortona program directory
P.S:
    I'm not sure if this is a security issue (I know very little in this
area) or an application issue.

Error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java/security/AccessController.doPrivileged

compiler version (for JVC, requires 4336 or greater.) If you are trying to
use RNI, there are new requirements: see documentation.

 at java/security/AccessController.doPrivileged
 at sun/awt/AppContext.<clinit>
 at sun/awt/AppContext.getAppContext
 at javax/swing/SwingUtilities.appContextGet
 at javax/swing/UIManager.getLAFState
 at javax/swing/UIManager.maybeInitialize
 at javax/swing/UIManager.getUI
 at javax/swing/JPanel.updateUI
 at javax/swing/JPanel.<init>
 at javax/swing/JPanel.<init>
 at javax/swing/JRootPane.createGlassPane
 at javax/swing/JRootPane.<init>
 at javax/swing/JFrame.createRootPane
 at javax/swing/JFrame.frameInit
 at javax/swing/JFrame.<init>
 at PvMoCoObject.processEvent
 at vrml/node/Script.processEvents
 at vrml/node/Script.acceptEvents
 at vrml/node/Script.acceptEvents
 at vrml/node/ScriptThread.mainLoop
 at vrml/node/ScriptThread.main

Tim Milstead
Research Assistant
Bristol University
Computer Science Department
The Merchant Ventures Building
80 Woodlands Rd
Bristol
BS8 1UB
Phone: +44 (0)117 9545106
Fax: +44 (0)117 9545208

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Swing inside IE5 VRML Browser?

Quote:

> I have a problem that has baffled me, can anyone help?

> Using:
>     Internet Explorer 5.0
>     Cortona VRML player
>     Windows NT 4, SP5
>     JDK 1.2.2
> Written:
>     VRML text file with script node containg Java.
>     Want to bring up java window when a 3D object is clicked,
>     but the error at the bottom appears in the console window.
> Tried:
>     Checked CLASSPATH - different error occues when this is not set properly
>     Checked .dll's - duplicated into cortona program directory
> P.S:
>     I'm not sure if this is a security issue (I know very little in this
> area) or an application issue.

 sounds like Java2 security (are you using JavaPlugin1.2.2??). If you
don't have a client policy file configured, you will not be able to use dll
or native stuff. See this for configuring your local policy file to allow
your applet out of the Java2 sandbox:
   http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/win32/policytool.html
 -- Mitch

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Swing inside IE5 VRML Browser?

Quote:
> Tried:
>     Checked CLASSPATH - different error occues when this is not set
properly
>     Checked .dll's - duplicated into cortona program directory
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

java/security/AccessController.doPrivileged

May be Java class is not found. Java is compiled bytecode and
runs within the Java Virtual Machine of the HTML browser.

--
Tima
www.orc.ru/~timofeev/index_en.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tracking motion inside a vrml browser

2. VRML on-the-fly and IE5

3. Problems with MS VRML Contol and IE5

4. Java Swing and VRML!

5. IE5 and VRML-Plugin

6. IE5 upgrade to MIcrosoft (WorldView) 2.1 VRML viewer

7. no vrml plug-in in IE5.5 ??

8. vrml - java - ie5, ns 4

9. IE5, JavaScript & VRML-enable detection

10. Problem with 20MB(ascii) VRML file, Cortona 2.2, IE5, W98

11. Run Clarion Programs Inside Of IE4 Browser

12. looking for library function browser to run inside (x)emacs