Challenge: Using EAI in VB6
Author Message
 Challenge: Using EAI in VB6

Hello Everybody,

Reading through the other topics in this group, I got the feeling that I'm
attempting the impossible. However, I still would like to ask if anyone has
succeeded in using EAI with Visual Basic. Does anyone know of any examples,
pittfalls or hidden microsoft strategies regarding VB/COM and EAI that I should
know of?

Regards & TIA,

Peter den Hartog
Delft University
The Netherlands

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Challenge: Using EAI in VB6

Aug 2000:

Quote:
>Reading through the other topics in this group, I got the feeling
>that I'm attempting the impossible. However, I still would like to
>ask if anyone has succeeded in using EAI with Visual Basic. Does
>anyone know of any examples, pittfalls or hidden microsoft strategies
>regarding VB/COM and EAI that I should know of?

What would it run on?

Will it run on Linux, Max, IRIX, SunOS?

But never mind that.  Windows has a substantial user base, and you'll
certainly catch a majority of machines with VB.  But I'm afraid I've got
bad news for you about at least one of those machines -- mine.

I don't believe we've met yet, but I'm sure you're a fine person.  But
even if you were Mother Teresa and you wanted me to download a Windows
executable and run it on my machine, I'll have to say not only no, but
hell no.  I was born in the morning, but it wasn't yesterday morning.

The advantage to Java and JavaScript isn't that they're killer languages
that run reliably and fast.  They aren't, and they don't.  Their
advantage is that they stay inside the web browser's sandbox.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

How long is this Beta guy going to keep testing our stuff?

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Challenge: Using EAI in VB6

Quote:

>Aug 2000:

>>Reading through the other topics in this group, I got the feeling
>>that I'm attempting the impossible. However, I still would like to
>>ask if anyone has succeeded in using EAI with Visual Basic. Does
>>anyone know of any examples, pittfalls or hidden microsoft strategies
>>regarding VB/COM and EAI that I should know of?

>What would it run on?

>Will it run on Linux, Max, IRIX, SunOS?

>But never mind that.  Windows has a substantial user base, and you'll
>certainly catch a majority of machines with VB.  But I'm afraid I've got
>bad news for you about at least one of those machines -- mine.

>I don't believe we've met yet, but I'm sure you're a fine person.  But
>even if you were Mother Teresa and you wanted me to download a Windows
>executable and run it on my machine, I'll have to say not only no, but
>hell no.  I was born in the morning, but it wasn't yesterday morning.

>The advantage to Java and JavaScript isn't that they're killer languages
>that run reliably and fast.  They aren't, and they don't.  Their
>advantage is that they stay inside the web browser's sandbox.

Hi Bob,

First, let me thank you for your reply. Reading it, I realized that I forgot
to mention one (important) point. Which is that I'm trying to build a stand-
alone application that will display some flow characteristics in vrml and
allow some database access while viewing. At this moment, I don't intend
enable my application for the web.
Since I know VB quite well, I tried to connect VB to a VRML browser but failed
miserably. Right now, a student of mine is looking into Borland JBuilder3.
Another option might be to use VRMLSQL but for me that's even a longer shot
than linking VB.

I know VRML is web and VRML loves JAVA but I don't think that's the end of the
story. VRML can be much more. We try to use VRML in a research environment to
do some advanced visualizations for ourselves and still be able the present
the (pure VRML) results on the internet.

Can anyone shed some light on the Visual Basic - EAI link?

Regards,
Peter den Hartog
Delft University
The Netherlands

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. (challenge) Unix filter using Forth

2. How to save a *.wrl file using EAI

3. how to write .wrl file using EAI

4. EAI and coding to the EAI

5. Using EAI and Cosmo without a internet browser.

6. Applet changing using EAI

7. Smoother joint motion using EAI

8. Using EAI with Communicator4 and CosmoPlayer 1.1 on IRIX 6.2 6.4

9. EAI:Creating VRML World using PROTO's

10. Problem with vrml- and java-time (using EAI)

11. Play Sound and Stop it Using EAI

12. A problem in change the viewpoint using EAI