Help Needed : Using native methods in Java Script Nodes in Netscape 4.0/Cosmo 2.0
Author Message
 Help Needed : Using native methods in Java Script Nodes in Netscape 4.0/Cosmo 2.0

I am trying to write java script nodes for my vrml worlds which use
native methods using the JNI (Java Native Interface). This requires
implementations of the native methods to be placed in DLL's. In order
to do this use muts load the DLL when the class in initialised with a
static initialiser thus:

public class WinCube extends Script
{
    public native byte[] getData(int w, int h);

    static
    {
        System.loadLibrary("WinCube");        // WinCube.dll implements
     }

}

However I cannot get this to work in Netscape 4.0/Cosmo 2.0/ Windows
95 because the java class does not have rights to load native method
DLL's.

Is there a way around this problem ?

I have tried looking for options in Netscape to turn on the rights for
local applets but cannot find any, and I do not know much about Java
security.

The actual error message shown in the java console is:

# Security Exception: checklink:WinCube
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checklink: WinCube
#  UniversalLinkAccess privilege not enabled: Using native code stored
in dynamically linked libraries

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cosmo and Java Script-Node

2. NEED HELP, Java script node and applet

3. Anyone using sockets in a Cosmo script node?

4. Question about a script node using JAVA

5. Problems with Cosmo HSD and Netscape 4.0

6. HELP java script node and outside communication

7. Help: GUI JDK 1.1 from a Java Script node

8. Mixing Java EAI stuff with Java in Script nodes

9. Java problem with Cosmo Player 2.1 and Netscape Navigator 3.01

10. Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()

11. Script node hang Netscape with comoplayer!

12. Needed vrml.eai. for Cosmo 2.1 (netscape 4.5)