Pit Your Wits Against This One...
Author Message
 Pit Your Wits Against This One...

Hi,

I have a vrml world, created using Parallelgraphics software (I am not
conversant with the finer points of VRML code!!), that is inside a frameset
on an HTML page.

Within the VRML is a link that takes you to another HTML page. However, at
the moment when this link is activated, the new page opens in a frame. I
need it to open in a new window.

Some research has indicated that I may need the following code:

Anchor{
children []
url " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
parameter ["target=_parent"]

Quote:
}

The question is, how do you integrate that with the code below to make it
work??

DEF $54 _object_site_
    {
     _object_name_ "Link"
     _parent_site_ USE $48
     _params_ [ "_url_=C:\\PROGRAM
FILES\\PARALLELGRAPHICS\\ISA\\Objects\\_System\\Link.wrl", "Diagram_info=323
148 1 0" ]
     children
     [
      DEF $55 _A3619C30-FC9D-11d2-9DA7-00A0245808C4
      {
       _object_site_ USE $54
       _runtime_mode_ 1
       Address " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Quote:
}

Please be aware that I am not a programmer by a long stretch, so simplicity
of reply would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for any assistance

Will

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Pit Your Wits Against This One...
Try this:

#VRML V2.0 utf8

Anchor {
    url "http://www.ctol.net/~smitty/"
    description "Type anything here"
    parameter "target=newpage"
 children[

     #Your object code here#

]}

Smitty  http://www.ctol.net/~smitty/

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOW CAN I IMPLEMENT SOFTWARE DELAYS USING ONE OF THE 6 MODES OF THE PIT

2. HOW CAN I IMPLEMENT SOFTWARE DELAYS USING ONE OF THE 6 MODES OF THE PIT

3. top ten reasons for and one (the big) against

4. One halfway logical defense against intellectual dissipation

5. error counting using php against one mysql table

6. progressive DSSSL? [was: Alternatives to Pitting HTML against SGML]

7. progressive DSSSL? [was: Alternatives to Pitting HTML against SGML]

8. How to replace one or two words with one word with one line of awk code

9. See one, do one, teach one...

10. BMP,JPG wit text?

11. Display a tiff-file wit CFD2.1

12. extra info ODBC Bug wit HP3000