file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work
Author Message
 file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work

Hi,

I still have my thousands of problems implementing my world in IE and
blaxxun.

Now I get a warning from IE that it cant load the file:
...file.wrl#view.
This worked fine with CosmoPlayer.

Regards,
        Sigrun

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work

Quote:

> I still have my thousands of problems implementing my world in IE and
> blaxxun.

> Now I get a warning from IE that it cant load the file:
> ...file.wrl#view.
> This worked fine with CosmoPlayer.

Hi, Sigrun -

IE has broken this. It refuses to load SRC to a plugin unless it ends
with the appropriate filename extension. ".wrl" works, ".wrl#view"
doesn't. Microsoft's fault.

I've actually had to duplicate vrml files with different viewpoint
sequences in order to get around this. Yecchh!

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Viewing (or *not* viewing) .wrl files with NS3.0b5

2. Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

3. .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

4. using # paramater with wrl links doesn't work with IE5

5. What VRML browser works with Internet Explorer 3?

6. How do I view my own wrl files???

7. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (1/1)

8. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (0/1)

9. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

10. why doesn't FILE{Prop:label} work?

11. C4 Gold - File Loaded Combo Update Doesn't work

12. CW2.0 - Convert Doesn't Work Properly on My TPS File