CosmoPlayer/Irix Installation to my $HOME ???
Author Message
 CosmoPlayer/Irix Installation to my $HOME ???

Hello,

we have about 20 sgi/Irix6.5 machines in our lab and one
has Cosmoplayer2.1 installed.
I'd like to move the installation files somewhere to my
home to get CP running on any other machine as well.
- I moved libcosmoplayer.so to .netscape/plugins
- moved npcosmop.jar to .netscape/java/classes
- put all necessary libraries into my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

now sgi-netscape-4.07 finds the plugin
- loads and shows vrml files
- but doesn't show the console

??? Any help heavily appreciated !
Joerg

  Dipl.Inform. Joerg Vogel
  Institute of Robotics and System Dynamics
  German Aerospace Center - DLR
  location:  Muenchner Str. 20, Wessling i.Obb., Germany
  mail:      D-82234 Wessling, Germany
  phone:     +49-8153-28-1049
  fax:       +49-8153-28-1134

  www:       http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CosmoPlayer/Irix Installation to my $HOME ???

[Cosmoplayer2.1 on IRIX]

Quote:
> I'd like to move the installation files somewhere to my
> home to get CP running on any other machine as well.
> - I moved libcosmoplayer.so to .netscape/plugins
> - moved npcosmop.jar to .netscape/java/classes
> - put all necessary libraries into my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I tried this some time ago.  All the above steps are necessary, it
seems, but the big problem is this: CP needs files from
/usr/CosmoPlayer/..., e.g. the icons for the console (I think).
Unfortunately, that path seems to be hardcoded.  I thought there might
be an environment variable to point CP to a different directory, but
didn't find one.  I gave up after that.

Quote:
> ??? Any help heavily appreciated !

Sorry I couldn't really help you...  Maybe you can find out more.  If
you do, please tell me, I'm still interested in a solution.

Quote:
> Joerg

Ciao,
Christoph

--

- Who can possibly rule if no one                                -
-         who wants to can be allowed to?     - D. Adams, HHGTTG -

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cosmoplayer 2.1 on O2 with IRIX 6.5.5 crashes

2. cosmoplayer 2.1 for IRIX

3. Cosmoplayer 2.0/2.1 for IRIX

4. Problems with EAI, Cosmoplayer 1.1 and Netscape 4.08 on IRIX 6.3

5. Using EAI with Communicator4 and CosmoPlayer 1.1 on IRIX 6.2 6.4

6. How to install Cosmoplayer for Irix & communicator

7. How To Install Cosmoplayer in IRIX

8. Cosmoplayer on IRIX 6.0.1 ?

9. IRIX 5.3 cosmoplayer (beta 2)

10. CosmoPlayer/Navigator 3.0b7/Irix 6.2

11. Finally: CosmoPlayer for Irix

12. cosmoplayer installation error