Req: CSG and VRML
Author Message
 Req: CSG and VRML

hi
i am working on a way to use Constructive Solid Geometry (boolean ops)
in vrml since vrml is an extensive language
then i must generate facets form it
to visualisate in OpenGL...

any material on a such thing is welcome

XxXXxXXXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXxXxXXxXXXxXXxXxxXxxXxXXXxXxXXXxxxXXXxxX

x   http://www.*-*-*.com/       Don't leap us to conclusions, Dale,     X
X  What makes you think this alien Creature is gonna eat Dr Zark ?!?  x
XxxxXxXxXxXxxXxxXxXxXxxXXxXXXxXxXXXxXxxXXXXXxXxxxXxXXxXxxXXXXxxxXXxXXxX

FIND SOMETHING,SOMEWHERE on the internet at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Req: CSG and VRML

Quote:
>hi
>i am working on a way to use Constructive Solid Geometry (boolean ops)
>in VRML since vrml is an extensive language
>then i must generate facets form it
>to visualisate in OpenGL...

>any material on a such thing is welcome

  This is may or may not help, but I suggest looking here:

     The VRML Repository:   http://www.web3d.org/vrml/

 Good luck,

- Randy

--
Randy Rohrer                       |  "If you're not living on the edge,
The George Washington University   |   you're taking up too much space."

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Req: CSG and VRML

Quote:

> hi
> i am working on a way to use Constructive Solid Geometry (boolean ops)
> in VRML since vrml is an extensive language
> then i must generate facets form it
> to visualisate in OpenGL...

> any material on a such thing is welcome

> XxXXxXXXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXxXxXXxXXXxXXxXxxXxxXxXXXxXxXXXxxxXXXxxX

> x  http://rzr.online.fr       Don't leap us to conclusions, Dale,     X
> X  What makes you think this alien Creature is gonna eat Dr Zark ?!?  x
> XxxxXxXxXxXxxXxxXxXxXxxXXxXXXxXxXXXxXxxXXXXXxXxxxXxXXxXxxXXXXxxxXXxXXxX

> FIND SOMETHING,SOMEWHERE on the internet at
> http://rzr.online.fr/hitseek.htm

There doesn't appear to be much activity in VRML since 1997 except for
Cosmo Player.

However, Java3d will handle vrml scripts and utilizes OpenGL accelerators.
There is a hotbed of new development activity in Java3d. Check Sun
Microsystems for tutorials and API's.

Steve

--
Steve Strickland
Handmade 3D Puzzles

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Req: CSG and VRML

Here is a program making Bool ops

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ds755/Download.htm

the exported STL could be converted to VRML using GLView or crossroads.
I think there are other bool libs on the net,
For a professional lilbrary go to xox.com or spatial technologies.
Spatial btw was included in the Platinum VR Creator program.

-- Holger

blaxxun interactive      http://www.blaxxun.com

Quote:
> hi
> i am working on a way to use Constructive Solid Geometry (boolean ops)
> in VRML since vrml is an extensive language
> then i must generate facets form it
> to visualisate in OpenGL...

> any material on a such thing is welcome

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Req: CSG and VRML
I'm interested. Can you be more specific about what you want to do, I can
maybe help.

Take care

Cristiano
Okupi - London

>  Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

> hi
> i am working on a way to use Constructive Solid Geometry (boolean ops)
> in VRML since vrml is an extensive language
> then i must generate facets form it
> to visualisate in OpenGL...

> any material on a such thing is welcome

> XxXXxXXXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXXxXXxXXxXXxXxXXxXXXxXXxXxxXxxXxXXXxXxXXXxxxXXXxxX

> x  http://rzr.online.fr       Don't leap us to conclusions, Dale,     X
> X  What makes you think this alien Creature is gonna eat Dr Zark ?!?  x
> XxxxXxXxXxXxxXxxXxXxXxxXXxXXXxXxXXXxXxxXXXXXxXxxxXxXXxXxxXXXXxxxXXxXXxX

> FIND SOMETHING,SOMEWHERE on the internet at
> http://rzr.online.fr/hitseek.htm

>  * Read this thread at
>  http://www.deja.com/thread/%3C38218D1C.167E%40writeme.com%3E

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CSG and VRML ?

2. Is it possible to do CSG in VRML?

3. REQ: VRML MANUAL

4. REQ: VRML Programming Info

5. REQ>>>Web site using VRML...

6. REQ: Embedded VRML parameters

7. REQ: VRML 2 Tutorial

8. REQ: Freeware /Shareware VRML modelling kit

9. VRML 2.0 Server info req'd

10. REQ: VRML 2.0 Server App?????

11. pydoc req thread; readline req NO thread

12. On 22 Oct 91, giguere@csg.uwat