AP203 -> VRML?
Author Message
 AP203 -> VRML?

Hello,

since a couble of weeks I am searching a
converter of CAD modelfiles from AP203 into
vrml format. Till now I have not been
successfully.

Can anyone help?

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 AP203 -> VRML?

Quote:

> since a couble of weeks I am searching a
> converter of CAD modelfiles from AP203 into
> VRML format. Till now I have not been
> successfully.

Doing a little research on the web, I found:

Solidworks will import/export both STEP AP203 and VRML.

There's a company called STEP Tools in Troy, NY which provides a
translator - but right now their site is not accessible. I don't think
they're defunct, since I found reference to a position paper
posted/updated in March, written by Martin Hardwick, a Rensselaer
professor active in CAD data interchange who apparently formed the
company.
        http://www.steptools.com/
If you can't get through, here's the STEP Tools telephone numbers:
        Tel: 518-276-2848  Fax: 518-276-8471

And here's Hardwick's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute page:
        http://www.rdrc.rpi.edu/staff/hardwick.html

- Paul
PS: I find this kind of research/problem-solving fun - and frequently
will do it in repsonse to a question, just to point out how easy it is
to get this kind of information with the web search engines. In other
words, you could have gotten this much info just as readily as I did.
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DXF->VRML/VRML->DXF Converter

2. REQ>>>Web site using VRML...

3. VRML 2.0 compliant version of LodeStar or VRML 2.0->1.0 converter

4. VRML->Java->C++ ?

5. MIDI->JAVA->VRML

6. HELP>>>>>>>Fortran-Pascal Linking

7. >>>>>>>FROM SMTK TO C++

8. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

9. <<<<<YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>>>>>> 2103

10. >>>>>AVL tree

11. >>>>>How to read a IMAGE file?(BMP, GIF)|||||||||

12. ANNOUNCE>>>>>TOTAL FrameWork from Cincom