Passing Javascript/VRML events between frames
Author Message
 Passing Javascript/VRML events between frames

Can I pass events between _frames_ in one window?

I'd like to have vrml control buttons in one frame (perhaps in an HTML page
there; or perhaps as VRML objects checked by ECMAScript or JavaScript
nodes ), and the VRML world in another frame within the same window.

- Bob Greer

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Javascript/VRML events between frames

Quote:

> Can I pass events between _frames_ in one window?

> I'd like to have VRML control buttons in one frame (perhaps in an HTML page
> there; or perhaps as VRML objects checked by ECMAScript or JavaScript
> nodes ), and the VRML world in another frame within the same window.

Absolutely.  It's even in the spec as an example for the Anchor
node.  Use "parameter 'target=TheOtherFrame'.
--
Bob & Kelly Crispen

"And I observe, when any Yahoo comes from London out of Curiosity [to]
visit me at mine own House, we neither of us are able to deliver our
Conceptions in a Manner intelligible to the other."

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Javascript/VRML events between frames

Quote:

> Can I pass events between _frames_ in one window?

> I'd like to have VRML control buttons in one frame (perhaps in an HTML
page
> there; or perhaps as VRML objects checked by ECMAScript or JavaScript
> nodes ), and the VRML world in another frame within the same window.

Absolutely.  It's even in the spec as an example for the Anchor
node.  Use "parameter 'target=TheOtherFrame'.
--
Bob & Kelly Crispen

"And I observe, when any Yahoo comes from London out of Curiosity [to]
visit me at mine own House, we neither of us are able to deliver our
Conceptions in a Manner intelligible to the other."

----

I wonder if you know of any worlds where this is done?

I've anchored between frames, but event-passing requires access to the
labels created, in the other frame's world, with DEF statements.  That's
what's throwing me - how to access those "otherFrame" labels!

Any leads are very appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob Greer

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

2. VRML and JavaScript with Frames

3. VRML, JavaScript, and HTML frames

4. Passing DLL events to parent frame?

5. Passing DLL events to parent frame

6. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

7. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

8. event bindings which pass the event himself first..?

9. Integrating Javascript To Communicate with an HTML Frame?

10. frames and javascripts

11. IE 3.0 problem with JavaScript & frames

12. Disambiguating java.awt.Event and vrml.Event?