tidarque - a public domain VRML browser for Unix - available online
Author Message
 tidarque - a public domain VRML browser for Unix - available online

>This is to announce that tidarque, a vrml browser for Unix with
>sources, has gone online.

The web page says "Tidarque is a public domain software distributed
under the GNU Public License."  So far as I know, it is impossible for
a program to be both public domain and GPL.  When something is in the
public domain, then anyone can do anything they want with it (except
claim exclusive ownership, I suppose), whereas GPL imposes some
restrictions.  This distinction is important for me, because it seems
impractical to use GPL code in a commercial product.

--
  James W. Walker  < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
  to reply, remove the spam-blocker from my address

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tidarque - a public domain VRML browser for Unix - available online

This is to announce that tidarque, a VRML browser for Unix with
sources, has gone online.
The project is still in a very early, experimental stage. The current
version is labeled 0.000, meaning you should expect nothing from it.

Yet unimplemented features and known bugs may be seen on the web page

http://tronche.com/tidarque/

Source code and a binary (statically compiled) distribution for Linux
can be downloaded.

--

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 tidarque - a public domain VRML browser for Unix - available online

Quote:

> [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
>    the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

> >This is to announce that tidarque, a VRML browser for Unix with
> >sources, has gone online.

> The web page says "Tidarque is a public domain software distributed
> under the GNU Public License."  So far as I know, it is impossible for
> a program to be both public domain and GPL.  When something is in the
> public domain, then anyone can do anything they want with it (except
> claim exclusive ownership, I suppose), whereas GPL imposes some
> restrictions.  This distinction is important for me, because it seems
> impractical to use GPL code in a commercial product.

"I'd like to give you $10,000".
"Eeeeewwww, the money is all crumpled and dirty."

Thanks very much, Christophe.  I'll be over to check it out on
my Unix boxes at work.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announcing tidarque 0.1.0, the flexible VRML browser for Unix

2. Public Domain Unix APL Interpreter

3. Public domain FORTH for VAX VMS or UNIX

4. Looking for public domain XEDIT for Unix

5. Is there NO public domain Unix Ada compiler ?

6. Public domain compiler for AT&T unix

7. public domain prolog for unix

8. Public domain Prolog for UNIX?

9. Looking for public domain sources of prolog for unix

10. Public Domain Lisps?? (Franz, over Unix)

11. any PARTS parts available on public or shareware domain

12. Public domain Eiffel-3 front-end available