eai:getVBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question
Author Message
 eai:getVBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question

Hello

I have two eai - questions:

1. When I try to show two vrml-files in two frames - I can't always get the
instance of the browser

main.html:

<FRAME SRC="left.html" NAME="left" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
<FRAME SRC="right.html" NAME="right" SCROLLING=NO>

left.html:

 <embed SRC="left.wrl" WIDTH="733" HEIGHT="483" ALIGN="BOTTOM"></h2>
MAYSCRIPT>
  </applet></td>

right.html:

 <H2><EMBED SRC="right.wrl" WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="120"  ALIGN="BOTTOM"></H2>

in start () I'm trying to get the Browser
(tmp_browser = (Browser) Browser.getBrowser(this,"left",0);)

- it works if I only use the left frame - but when I use both - I sometimes
get the browser from the right frame (because:
browser.getNode("name_in_left.wrl") throws an exception).

Is there anything wrong in the html or with the getBrowser function?

2. I'm using a TimeSensor which is routed to a Position- and
OrientationInterpolator. With a java button I can start and stop the
TimeSensor - when I stop the TimeSensor and start it again - it should
continue at the last position and not starts at the beginning. Is it
possible to continue from the last position ?

Thanks

Dieter

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai:getVBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question

For the first part of your question, I'm not very used to EAI but maybe there
is a missing MAYSCRIPT parameter in the right frame.
For the last part I've include an attachment showing how to store the state of
the timesensor.

Sylvain Carette
vrml designer-composer

Quote:

> Hello

> I have two eai - questions:

> 1. When I try to show two vrml-files in two frames - I can't always get the
> instance of the browser

> main.html:

> <FRAME SRC="left.html" NAME="left" SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
> <FRAME SRC="right.html" NAME="right" SCROLLING=NO>

> left.html:

>  <embed SRC="left.wrl" WIDTH="733" HEIGHT="483" ALIGN="BOTTOM"></h2>
> MAYSCRIPT>
>   </applet></td>

> right.html:

>  <H2><EMBED SRC="right.wrl" WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="120"  ALIGN="BOTTOM"></H2>

> in start () I'm trying to get the Browser
> (tmp_browser = (Browser) Browser.getBrowser(this,"left",0);)

> - it works if I only use the left frame - but when I use both - I sometimes
> get the browser from the right frame (because:
> browser.getNode("name_in_left.wrl") throws an exception).

> Is there anything wrong in the html or with the getBrowser function?

> 2. I'm using a TimeSensor which is routed to a Position- and
> OrientationInterpolator. With a java button I can start and stop the
> TimeSensor - when I stop the TimeSensor and start it again - it should
> continue at the last position and not starts at the beginning. Is it
> possible to continue from the last position ?

> Thanks

> Dieter

  resumAni.wrl
1K Download

Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai:getVBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question

Sorry if  the last post didnt seem to work. In fact it did work but I had
changed an interpolator value which make it look like if it doest work...   :-(

So here again corrected - rotation from 0 ->3.14->6.28 intead of 0->6.28

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

  resumAni.wrl
1K Download

Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 eai:getVBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question
Hi Sylvain

Thanks for your help - it's that what I needed

To your first answer:

getBrowser - missing MAYSCRIPT -
    I suppose I don't need it because I have no applet in this frame.
    btw. I use Blaxxun4.2 - I cannot remember that I had this problem with
cosmo2.1

Dieter

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. eai: getBrowser / start-stop TimeSensor question

2. EAI: start TimeSensor from Java

3. EAI and TimeSensor

4. Correct way to start a TimeSensor from a scriptnode (ECMA)

5. Timesensor start on-load, VRML 2

6. Timesensor start on-load, VRML 2

7. starting a TimeSensor from applet?

8. EAI and the stop method

9. Play Sound and Stop it Using EAI

10. TimeSensor question

11. timeSensor question

12. Triggering visibilitySensors on EAI start()?