CERN-Server and VRML
Author Message
 CERN-Server and VRML

Hi experts,

I tried do setup on our web-server any VRML-samples. Were using "CERN
httpd 3.0" on the server. By clicking the hyperlink to the VRML-files,
only the sourcecode of the models appears.

Is there anybody who could tell whats to do on the server for getting
the 3D-Files on the VRML-browser ???

Thanks Jens

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CERN-Server and VRML

I noticed that you did not make reference to the type of browser/viewer you
were using to view the .wrl files. So I guess the next question is what
type of browser are you using
--
peace
Bob Ashby

Quote:
> Hi experts,

> I tried do setup on our web-server any VRML-samples. Were using "CERN
> httpd 3.0" on the server. By clicking the hyperlink to the VRML-files,
> only the sourcecode of the models appears.

> Is there anybody who could tell whats to do on the server for getting
> the 3D-Files on the VRML-browser ???

> Thanks Jens

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CERN-Server and VRML

You probably will need to set the mime for x-world/x-vrml    .wrl
also, if you are trying to use gzip with your vrml, which I recommend
that you do, you will need to make sure that gzip is not a mime, but
configured properly in your srm.conf file.

Quote:
>Hi experts,

>I tried do setup on our web-server any VRML-samples. Were using "CERN
>httpd 3.0" on the server. By clicking the hyperlink to the VRML-files,
>only the sourcecode of the models appears.

>Is there anybody who could tell whats to do on the server for getting
>the 3D-Files on the VRML-browser ???

>Thanks Jens

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CERN-Server and VRML

Someone else has already covered this, but just for you, browser type
doesn't matter...it's the mime type that is important....

Quote:
>I noticed that you did not make reference to the type of browser/viewer you
>were using to view the .wrl files. So I guess the next question is what
>type of browser are you using
>--
>peace
>Bob Ashby
>http://www.seanet.com/~bashby/index.html

>> Hi experts,

>> I tried do setup on our web-server any VRML-samples. Were using "CERN
>> httpd 3.0" on the server. By clicking the hyperlink to the VRML-files,
>> only the sourcecode of the models appears.

>> Is there anybody who could tell whats to do on the server for getting
>> the 3D-Files on the VRML-browser ???

>> Thanks Jens

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiler Sources (actually CERN and the army)

2. Regina Cern Extensions for RxSocket?

3. CERN prog library ?

4. CERN libs

5. FFT from CERN's genlib

6. CERN Floppy installation problems (on a VAX).

7. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

8. VRML, Active Server Pages, Examples, Bibliography, Library Science, Education

9. See VRML worlds in servers UNIX.

10. To record a VRML world in the computer server

11. Local Server for VRML

12. Question: VRML Server hosting?