Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View
Author Message
 Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

  Sun's FlyThrough Demo lets you Load & View
a vrml Scene and it will add lights and
position the view position for you, if desired:

  Full source code is freely available for free.

  Sun's Java3D FlyThrough Demo & the Sun VRML Loaders
  ----------------------------
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
  Note: Java Source files in the above ".jar".
  On Linux, to extract the files type: jar xvf xj3d_src_041100.jar
  Jar File ( Date, Time, Size ):  19-Apr-2001, 11:01,  1.2M

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~imaging/games_with_java3d.html
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~imaging/java3d_and_vrml.html

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm writing a 3D-Viewer who can load .obj and .vrml files .
> If I'm loading .obj files, the objects are centralized in the middle
> of my viewer.

> But, and that's my problem, when I'm loading .vrml files, the objects
> are sometimes very small or sometimes somewhere in the viewer, so that
> I have to search the object.

> Is there a method from Java 3D that centralized the objects or what
> have I to do???

> It would be very nice if you can formulate the answer detailed!!??

> // packages
> import java.applet.Applet;
> import java.awt.*;
> import java.awt.event.*;
> import java.io.*;
> import java.lang.*;
> import javax.media.j3d.*;

> Ciao ciao

  Savas wrote to comp.lang.java.3d on 5/7/2002

  The modern Object-Oriented Programming System
supported by Java offers efficient ( for the
developer ), portable, solutions for animating VRML
or other 3d content that is portable across
Windows, Linux, high end professional Unix
workstations, and the Macintosh ( Java3d is
NOT available for the Macintosh yet, but the
same VRML files can be animated: fast with
Java3d where available, more slowly where it
is not available / installed, eg. the Mac ).

Scientific & Academic Research doing 3d with Java:
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~imaging/terrain_rendering.html

  -- Paul, Java Developer & Web Animator
---------------------------------------
"Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & Keyboard"

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:10:41 GMT

1. Viewing (or *not* viewing) .wrl files with NS3.0b5

2. .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

3. file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work

4. How do I view my own wrl files???

5. Centering the view of a canvas

6. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

7. Controller/View question (dealing with view bounds)

8. Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration

9. View Position relative to Parent View

10. Orthogonal view / 2D view

11. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++