Text editor for VRML?
Author Message
 Text editor for VRML?

Hi, I am just starting out in vrml and I have programmed in C.  What I am
looking for is a editor that will check for closed braces and what not.
Something akin to the editor for C++ 5.0.  A compiler like program that
would only check syntax would be wonderful.

If there is not such a thing, How the hell do you debug your code's syntax?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Vilk

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Text editor for VRML?

Quote:
>Hi, I am just starting out in VRML and I have programmed in C.  What I am
>looking for is a editor that will check for closed braces and what not.
>Something akin to the editor for C++ 5.0.  A compiler like program that
>would only check syntax would be wonderful.

A software called SitePad might just do some of the things you want. Search
for it.

Koan

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Text editor for VRML?

Quote:

> Hi, I am just starting out in VRML and I have programmed in C.  What I am
> looking for is a editor that will check for closed braces and what not.
> Something akin to the editor for C++ 5.0.  A compiler like program that
> would only check syntax would be wonderful.

Two items you should put in your programming arsenal:

        SitePad or SitePad Pro from http://www.modelworks.com (very
inexpensive)

        Vorlon (syntax checker - FREE) at http://www.trapezium.com

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
VP/Creative Director, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Text editor for VRML?

Hi,

Look at

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/matthias_pfersdorff/

where you can get the realy best editor Ive ever seen. (I use
it heavily on OS/2 and NT) The NT Version is Beta3 but forget
the "Beta". You can easily configure Mr.Ed for syntax highlighting
for _everything_ including VRML of course.

Quote:

> Hi, I am just starting out in VRML and I have programmed in C.  What I am
> looking for is a editor that will check for closed braces and what not.
> Something akin to the editor for C++ 5.0.  A compiler like program that
> would only check syntax would be wonderful.

You can simply add a button in this Editor to include external
helpfiles or commands. There is a vrml97 syntax-checker somewhere
in the web which I use for this purpose. You can keep your whole
developing environment in Mr.Ed, convenient JAVA node coding
included of course.
Quote:
> If there is not such a thing, How the hell do you debug your code's syntax?
> Any suggestions would be great.

> Thanks

> Vilk

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VRML text editor?

2. Help: Vrml text editor

3. come to see my new VRML scene with text editor using only

4. Compatible text editor for UNIX vi editor

5. Text widgets as basic text editors?

6. Text editor with slightly fancy text abilities

7. VRML text vs. texture text

8. Old VRML Editors

9. VRML Editor

10. Is there any free Graphic VRML editor?

11. 3D vRML Editor

12. Free VRML Editor??