Browser.getBrowser() always failed when using Netscape
Author Message
 Browser.getBrowser() always failed when using Netscape

I am using EAI to realize the ineraction between vrml and java applet.
The applet can be loaded successfully using IE, but the same one always
failed when using Netscape. I have put the npcosmop211.zip into the
Netscape\Communicator\program\java\plugins, and try to reinstall Cosmo
Player, but no use in those effort. Can anyone help me in this problem?
Thank you.

regards,
Marie Xiang

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:20:02 GMT
 Browser.getBrowser() always failed when using Netscape

Quote:

> I am using EAI to realize the ineraction between VRML and java applet.
> The applet can be loaded successfully using IE, but the same one always
> failed when using Netscape. I have put the npcosmop211.zip into the
> Netscape\Communicator\program\java\plugins, and try to reinstall Cosmo
> Player, but no use in those effort. Can anyone help me in this problem?
> Thank you.

i had the same problem with nescape and found a (dirty) workaround ..

i added a method to the java applet wich allows so pass the vrml-browser
instace to the applet. then i use the onLoad event to call a little
javascript which gets the vrml-browser then calls the applets method and
passes the vrml-browser..

i couldnt believe it myself, but that works perfectly

you can send me a mail if you need a more detailed description of that
workaround

Juergen Panzer

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:44:38 GMT

1. (Browser.getBrowser)Problem.

2. Browser.getBrowser not working

3. Browser::getBrowser: Plugin pointer not available.

4. Browser.getBrowser(this)

5. pb: Browser.getBrowser(this) and Class name?

6. Browser.getBrowser(Applet)

7. Juice/Java wireframe demo *always* crashes my browser.

8. smtplib.SMTP.sendmail always fails on Win95 machine.

9. $env fails always in catch

10. EvalFile always fails when called from a COM method

11. Rexx and NetScape-Browser ?

12. CosmoPlayer Plug-in and Netscape 4.7 Browser