>I'm hardly working on my diploma thesis with an emphasis in VRML. Can
>anyone tell me the difference between VRML and OpenInventor and can
>someone please give me some examples by means of VRML vs OpenInventor.
There are a number of differences, but which ones are significant
depends on what you need to do. :-) Here are some:
- File format only
Script nodes) or Java (through the EAI interface).
- Good, fast, free viewers widely available for Windows
- Limited viewers available for UNIX / Linux
- Good solution for "packaged" presentation of 3D scenes
- File format plus poweful C++ class library
- File format is a superset of VRML
So class library can be used for generation or processing of
pure VRML, but also includes NURBS, extruded 3D text, etc.
- Class library and viewers available for Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Viewers include Large Model Visualization algorithms for
efficiently displaying large data set (simplifying, culling, etc).
- Best solution for application development
TGS Inc, http://www.tgs.com