VRML and RayDream
Author Message
 VRML and RayDream

Hi! I am using RayDream for an "The Arts" project I am doing at my college.
I am trying to take a gif image and turn it into a vrml world.  I am fairly
new at vrml but have been wanting to make one for a while.  If anybody has
any suggestions on how to go about this or what other program I should be
using it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joseph Gruber

~To Be or Not To Be...which is better?~

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML and RayDream
   I'm using Ray Dream Studio and Cosmo Worlds to
create a VRML world. I create models in RDS
and then export them to VRML piece by piece. I use
Cosmo Worlds to assemble the pieces and add
animation and sound.
   In Ray Dream Studio, I've just learned the
techniques I need to create the particular models
for my world. There's a lot of neat stuff in RDS, but
I doubt that it would be possible to export
a lot of it, like deformers & animation to VRML.
   One problem I encountered in exporting to VRML is
that occasionally there would be missing
brackets or braces in the resulting file. It's not
rocket science, but it's a pain to have to go
thru and count them all up to find the missing one.
   Cosmo Worlds is a really good VRML authoring
program. It doesn't have complex modelers like
Ray Dream Studio, but it supports nearly all the
features of VRML2. For instance, if you place a
sound in a scene, it will show you the sound envelope.
You can create keyframe animations and, if
your scene requires complex behaviors, Cosmo Worlds
will create a script node and a skeletal Java
or JavaScript program for you to fill out. I think
Cosmo Worlds would be pretty expensive to buy
for just one project, but if you can get ahold of it,
I would definitely recommend it.

        -Mike

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML and RayDream
                           FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS
              I N T E R N A T I O N A L   W O R K S H O P
                O N   S Y N T H E T I C - N A T U R A L
                   H Y B R I D   C O D I N G   A N D
            T H R E E   D I M E N S I O N A L   I M A G I N G
                              (IWSNHC3DI'99)

                            September 15-17 1999
                 Fera Congress Center, Santorini, Greece
* The International Workshop  on Synthetic-Natural Hybrid Coding and
  Three-Dimensional (3D) Imaging  is  organized  by  the  European
  Community  research  project ACTS II VIDAS, ACTS project 057.
* It will be held in the picturesque Aegean island of Santorini in Greece,
  at the most delightful time of the year, immediately preceding the
  International Conference in Computer Vision (ICCV) in Corfu and
  coincidentally with the 2nd Information Society Technologies (IST) call
  for proposals, therefore an ideal meeting place.
* The workshop will consist of sessions with both invited and contributed
  papers.
* The  workshop  proceedings  will  be  published  and distributed to the
  workshop participants.
* Due to  workshop facility constraints,  attendance will be limited with
  priority given to those who submit and present a paper.

* Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
  - New Technologies in SNHC
  - MPEG-4 and MPEG-7 Systems and Applications
  - Image Analysis and Modeling
  - 3D Acquisition
  - 3D Coding and Multiviewing systems
  - Representation / animation of body and face models
  - Content-based Coding
  - Audio and Video data Synchronization
  - 3D Graphics and Virtual Environments

* Chairmen:
  - Michael G. Strintzis, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
  - Fabio Lavagetto, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy

* Program Committee:
  - Kiyoharu Aizawa, University of Tokyo, Japan
  - Leonardo Chariglione, CSELT, Italy
  - Alexandros Eleftheriadis, Columbia University, USA
  - Robert Forchheimer, Linkoeping University, Sweden
  - Bernd Girod, University of Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany
  - Thomas Huang, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
  - Aggelos Katsaggelos, Northwestern University, USA
  - Claude Labit, IRISA/INRIA-Rennes, France
  - Eric Petajan, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technology, NJ, USA
  - Thomas Sikora, Heinrich Hertz Institute, Germany
  - Daniel Thalmann, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland

* Prospective authors are invited to submit 3 copies of an extended
  summary (no special format required) of no more than 3 pages to:
    Prof. Michael G. Strintzis
    Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
    Aristotle University of Thessaloniki      Tel:  +30.31.996351
    P.O. Box 430                              Fax:  +30.31.996342

* Submission may also be accomplished by:

        ftp: kalisto.ee.auth.gr USER:iw99 PASSWORD:iw99 put <author_name>.ps

* The top of the first page of the summary  should include authors' names,
  addresses, affiliations, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses.

* Authors' schedule:
  - March 29, 1999      Submission of extended summaries
  - April 30, 1999      Notification of acceptance
  - May   30, 1999      Receipt of camera-ready paper

* Arrangements:
  - Nikos Sarris, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece

  - George Tzanetos, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece

* Further information: http://uranus.ee.auth.gr/IWSNHC3DI99/

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. RayDream Designer 4.1 to VRML???

2. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

3. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

4. VRML 2000 : Platform Independence Keeps VRML alive

5. Rapid flipping between 2 VRML-1 files with VRML-2

6. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

7. vrml-java-generated vrml

8. Comunication between a VRML and a embedded VRML

9. VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages

10. obj to VRML & VRML to obj

11. IT-VRML: first Italian Vrml conference

12. VRML 3.0 or VRML 9x?