Problem with Java Classpath for Cosmo browser
Author Message
 Problem with Java Classpath for Cosmo browser

NewsGroup
I am having problems recognising Java from Cosmo vrml browser.

Can anyone help me setting up the Classpath for Cosmo VRML broswer.
It does not seem to respond to Java classes in script nodes.
The zip file seems to be npocosmop, which is a zip of VRML classes.
But
putting a CLASSPATH in my autoexec and de{*filter*} still does not help.

I am using Cosmo player 2.0 with IE4

I have the following in my Autoexec.bat file

SET CLASSPATH=C:\Windows\Java\Classes\classes.zip; %CLASSPATH%
SET CLASSPATH=D:\Cosmo\npcosmop.zip; %CLASSPATH%

email replies preferred.

      Thanks
                        Jason

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Java Classpath for Cosmo browser

Hello Jason,

It sounds like you are attempting to do something somewhat similar to
what I am trying to do (i.e. accessing a Java [applet] via a VRML 2.0
Script node from the Cosmo 2.0 plugin).  The only difference is that you
are attempting to use IE 4.0. and I am using Netscape Communicator 4.04
with the associated Cosmo Player 2.0 plugin for Netscape Navigator
instead.

Of course, I don't have anything working yet exactly, so don't interpret
this as any sort of recommendation,  but I do recall reading that, at
least in the case of Internet Explorer 3.0, Java Applets are treated as
ActiveX objects, as opposed to having an actual Java Virtual Machine
running in the browser (as is supposedly the case with Netscape
Navigator).  I'd be willing to try out some of your code on my platform
if you want to see if it fixes your Classpath problem.  In return, I
would hope to be able to gleen a few clues into how to access Java via a
VRML 2.0 Script node myself. :-)

David P. McLure

p.s. FYI: I just posted a related note (with a cross-posting in
comp.lang.java.programmer) myself entitled "VRML 2.0 to Java via the
VRML 2.0 Script node anyone?"  As you'll see, my question is a little
more basic at this point.

Quote:

> NewsGroup
> I am having problems recognising Java from Cosmo VRML browser.

> Can anyone help me setting up the Classpath for Cosmo VRML broswer.
> It does not seem to respond to Java classes in script nodes.
> The zip file seems to be npocosmop, which is a zip of VRML classes.
> But
> putting a CLASSPATH in my autoexec and de{*filter*} still does not help.

> I am using Cosmo player 2.0 with IE4

> I have the following in my Autoexec.bat file

> SET CLASSPATH=C:\Windows\Java\Classes\classes.zip; %CLASSPATH%
> SET CLASSPATH=D:\Cosmo\npcosmop.zip; %CLASSPATH%

> email replies preferred.

>       Thanks
>                         Jason

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Java Classpath for Cosmo browser

Hello,

Murat Aktihanoglu had a comment about this issue.  To add npcosmop.zip to
classpath set the Registry Key to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Java to include
npcosmop.zip.  I added it to the EAI FAQ.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~raf/faqs/eaifaq.html.

There is some other information in that directory,
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~raf/faqs.

Have a good one,

Ross A. Finlayson

Quote:

> Hello Jason,

> It sounds like you are attempting to do something somewhat similar to
> what I am trying to do (i.e. accessing a Java [applet] via a VRML 2.0
> Script node from the Cosmo 2.0 plugin).  The only difference is that you
> are attempting to use IE 4.0. and I am using Netscape Communicator 4.04
> with the associated Cosmo Player 2.0 plugin for Netscape Navigator
> instead.

> Of course, I don't have anything working yet exactly, so don't interpret
> this as any sort of recommendation,  but I do recall reading that, at
> least in the case of Internet Explorer 3.0, Java Applets are treated as
> ActiveX objects, as opposed to having an actual Java Virtual Machine
> running in the browser (as is supposedly the case with Netscape
> Navigator).  I'd be willing to try out some of your code on my platform
> if you want to see if it fixes your Classpath problem.  In return, I
> would hope to be able to gleen a few clues into how to access Java via a
> VRML 2.0 Script node myself. :-)

> David P. McLure

> p.s. FYI: I just posted a related note (with a cross-posting in
> comp.lang.java.programmer) myself entitled "VRML 2.0 to Java via the
> VRML 2.0 Script node anyone?"  As you'll see, my question is a little
> more basic at this point.

> > NewsGroup
> > I am having problems recognising Java from Cosmo VRML browser.

> > Can anyone help me setting up the Classpath for Cosmo VRML broswer.
> > It does not seem to respond to Java classes in script nodes.
> > The zip file seems to be npocosmop, which is a zip of VRML classes.
> > But
> > putting a CLASSPATH in my autoexec and de{*filter*} still does not help.

> > I am using Cosmo player 2.0 with IE4

> > I have the following in my Autoexec.bat file

> > SET CLASSPATH=C:\Windows\Java\Classes\classes.zip; %CLASSPATH%
> > SET CLASSPATH=D:\Cosmo\npcosmop.zip; %CLASSPATH%

> > email replies preferred.

> >       Thanks
> >                         Jason

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Java support in the new Live3D/Cosmo browser

2. Cosmo Browser and Java node.setValue()

3. java and two browsers with cosmo player

4. Java problem with Cosmo Player 2.1 and Netscape Navigator 3.01

5. Java Interface Problem with Cosmo

6. Problems with Java and Community Place Browser

7. Problem drawing simple polygon with cosmo 2.0 and not with cosmo 1.02a

8. browser.createvrmlfromstring problem (java)

9. COSMO COSMO COSMO

10. The Classpath Problem

11. Create a window with cosmo browser?

12. SAVING VRML from cosmo browser IS possible