"model/vrml" mime Type registration for IE 
Author Message
 "model/vrml" mime Type registration for IE

Hi

It's me again about "on-the-fly JavaScripts"
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Now, thanks to Robert Lipman's "Web3D / vrml Browser Detector"
http://www.*-*-*.com/
I found out that for IE5 my Cortona_2.1 did not register "model/vrml"
mime Type:
navigator.plugins.length = 0
navigator.mimeTypes["model/vrml"] = undefined
under NC_4.7 I've got:
navigator.plugins.length = 9
navigator.mimeTypes["model/vrml"] = [object Mime Type]
How can I register "model/vrml" mime Type for IE?

Evgeny



Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "model/vrml" mime Type registration for IE

Quote:

> I found out that for IE5 my Cortona_2.1 did not register "model/vrml"
> mime Type:
> navigator.plugins.length = 0
> navigator.mimeTypes["model/vrml"] = undefined
> under NC_4.7 I've got:
> navigator.plugins.length = 9
> navigator.mimeTypes["model/vrml"] = [object Mime Type]
> How can I register "model/vrml" mime Type for IE?

Three possible ways:
1. Uninstall Cortona and re-install it.
2. Install blaxxun Contact, then uninstall it and re-install Cortona
3. Edit the registry:
     a. go to Start menu --> Run --> regedit
     b. Edit --> Find --> .wrl
     c. You should find an entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Make sure the
"Content Type" is "model/vrml"
     d. If you don't find an entry for ".wrl" in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, make
a new entry (Edit --> New --> Key).

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555



Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "model/vrml" mime Type registration for IE
Hi Paul:

Quote:
> Three possible ways:
> 1. Uninstall Cortona and re-install it.

I re-installed my Win98 completely :)

Quote:
> 2. Install blaxxun Contact, then uninstall it and re-install Cortona

I'll try to contact ParaGraph next week before

Quote:
> 3. Edit the registry:
>      a. go to Start menu --> Run --> regedit
>      b. Edit --> Find --> .wrl
>      c. You should find an entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Make sure the
> "Content Type" is "model/vrml"
>      d. If you don't find an entry for ".wrl" in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, make
> a new entry (Edit --> New --> Key).

I was there but I fear :)
IE5 understand WRL files very well (it's actually primary Win viewer for
WRL) but "on-the-fly" document hasn't WRL extention only Mime type. I don't
understand details but NC_4.7 DOES! :)

Evgeny



Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "model/vrml" mime Type registration for IE
Sorry I don't understand. Can you see "on-the-fly" VRML under IE+blaxxun
Contact?

Evgeny

Quote:
> Three possible ways:
> 2. Install blaxxun Contact, then uninstall it and re-install Cortona

> - Paul



Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. IE is confused about file/mime types

2. No Boolean type in "types"

3. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

4. Looking to buy: Clayson "Visual modeling..."

5. the "new computing model"

6. "Software model Ethernet"

7. "Software model Ethernet"

8. "Coupling Parallel Models" in Fortran 90

9. BEGIN{want[]={"s1o", "s2o", "s2q", "s3q"}

10. Parsing ""D""?

11. "Fifth", "Forth", zai nar?

12. Ruby "finalize", "__del__"

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software