one LAST PNG question - very very urgent
Author Message
 one LAST PNG question - very very urgent

I finally got the photoshop to exportPNGs with transparency correctly
and  I was working at home and it worked just beautifully. I have a
project demo in 12 hours and I am done and I ftp-ed the file and the
PNGs to my unix account in school...

then I opened it from there..as it is located in my unix account in
school from where I have to do my demo...and the PNG's come up as
unknown formats!!! I dont have much time and I am totally at a a loss as
to what to do!! the PNG images are quite the intergral part of the
world...

I have access to NT machines in school..would it make a difference if I
access the unix account from the NT machine?

ANybody have any suggestions?please??

Vinod,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 one LAST PNG question - very very urgent

Quote:
> I finally got the photoshop to exportPNGs with transparency correctly
> and  I was working at home and it worked just beautifully. I have a
> project demo in 12 hours and I am done and I ftp-ed the file and the
> PNGs to my unix account in school...

> then I opened it from there..as it is located in my unix account in
> school from where I have to do my demo...and the PNG's come up as
> unknown formats!!! I dont have much time and I am totally at a a loss as
> to what to do!! the PNG images are quite the intergral part of the
> world...

Some suggestions:

1.  Make sure you had binary transfer set when you FTP'd the PNGs.

2.  Ask the administrator of the Unix server if the MIME type for PNG is set
properly.
Assuming he runs Apache, he should have a file called mime.types or
something like that.
In there, he should have a line that looks like this:

image/png   png

If he doesn't run Apache, I have no idea what to tell you.

Quote:

> I have access to NT machines in school..would it make a difference if I
> access the unix account from the NT machine?

It would be a good test to see if the relationship between your box and the
server is broken, or if the server is misconfigured.  The more boxes you
test it on, the better anyway.  Let us know when you have it done so we can
see it.

--Steve

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 one LAST PNG question - very very urgent
I know this sort of dumb but it gets my students all the time.

Your, eh, case isnt getting you is it?. The PC reports lowercase but
might actually be uppercase. The error console of the browser should
report what it doesnt find accuratly (as you code asks for a url fetch
explicitly). Have a look in a telnet client what is in your account.

Sorry, told you it was a dumb one.

Quote:

--
Garry Keltie

Interactive Information Institute &
School of Architecture and Design
RMIT

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. One more(last) question about DOS FAT.

2. One more(last) question about DOS FAT.

3. One more(last) question about DOS FAT.

4. One more(last) question about DOS FAT.

5. ** URGENT ** Only ONE question (maybe stupid)

6. URGENT URGENT URGENT

7. PNG image question

8. cancel that last one!

9. one last VW newbie prob.

10. TILE Forth RELEASE: package 7 (THE LAST ONE)

11. Clipper 5.2e crashes when last field of DBF file has one character name

12. Gwydion URL, one last time...