Browser crash after I reload my applet...
Author Message
 Browser crash after I reload my applet...

I'm working in a applet and in netscape (4.5) and when I try to reload
my applet (after I recompile), it's normal to terminate my browser (with
the known error message of windows "your program did a illegal operation
and will be shutdown"), and it's so frequently that the Netscape Quality
Feedback Agent after a day of use, keeps a BIG LIST of replys to deliver
to netscape... In the Explorer (4.0), is much worse than netscape...
there's no need to reload, and I got a message (I don't remember but is
something about  C++), and after that there is no Explorer shutdown...
But THE DESKTOP disappears totally!! (but I can do Alt+Ctrl+del and see
the programs in background)....

Now, I don't want that you try to guess what is the problem... I want to
know is only one thing... I use the EAI (external authoring interface)
and my browser is the cosmoplayer 2.1. Is there a chance of my problem
be something about EAI and ...? Is there any kind of common error about
this that usually could result this error?...Or is only a problem of
instability of the browser?

thanks... Pedro Salazar
Merry Christmas to all of you...

  icq. 4648789  < V.S.C. GUIMARAES >
  -Support the Euro'04 in PORTUGAL-

  apsalazar.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Browser crash after I reload my applet...

Quote:

> I'm working in a applet and in netscape (4.5) and when I try to reload
> my applet (after I recompile), it's normal to terminate my browser (with
> the known error message of windows "your program did a illegal operation
> I use the EAI (external authoring interface)
> and my browser is the cosmoplayer 2.1. Is there a chance of my problem
> be something about EAI and ...? Is there any kind of common error about
> this that usually could result this error?...

This is an old combination of problems. I made a demo which I like to
thinks pretty much works around the problems. Try it and see if it works
for you. The source code is viewable.
http://pw1.netcom.com/~ltrav/index.html

Lars

Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. applets crashing: help

2. very simple applet crashes Netscape

3. MMM, a Web browser with applets in Caml Special Light

4. MMM, a Web browser with applets in Caml Special Light

5. MMM, a Web browser with applets in Caml

6. EAI, applet get/send information from/to browser

7. asynchronous EAI applet and VRML browser?

8. How Regain Java Applet KeyDown Events with VRML Browser

9. Browser.getBrowser(Applet)

10. About applet under jython in Web browser.

11. MMM, a Web browser with applets in Caml Special Light

12. Python Browser Applets