JAVA, mirrors, N' stuff
Author Message
 JAVA, mirrors, N' stuff

I've only been exploring vrml for a short time now but I noticed that
there is no mirror-like reflectivity of materials in VRML. I'm getting
in over my head,I think, but is there any way to create a thin box or
indexedfaceset(?) with a mirrored material in JAVA and bring it into a
WRL using VRML's JAVA support?

It was obvious to me that I could just fake a reflection by mapping an
image but my curiosity is in how to get a REAL reflective mirror in a
WRL, no matter how tortured the method.

Any help would be appreciated.

JB

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mixing Java EAI stuff with Java in Script nodes

2. FS/A: Cool rare SMALLTALK stuff, don't miss out, NeXT and BeOS stuff too

3. IP number change on fortress.uccb.ns.ca AKA w3.uccb.ns.ca

4. Problem compiling 'ns' using tcl7.6

5. vrml - java - ie5, ns 4

6. w3.uccb.ns.ca news server doesn't show all postings

7. Sun f77 : MALLOC and POINTER ext'ns with optimisation

8. LOTS OF JAVA PROGRAMMING STUFF!

9. LOTS OF JAVA PROGRAMMING STUFF!

10. Lispy stuff in Java

11. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

12. The Art Of Assembly Language's mirror