ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the version 4.0 of IndexMaker a perl script to make

an index.html file from PDF, HTML, vrml and other files.
At the moment, it uses
the /Author field, the first /Title field and in the /Subject field
every matched PDF files,
the <TITLE> </TITLE> field and  the META Description and Author fields
in every matched HTML files
the Info node field in every matched VRML 1.0 files
the WorldInfo node field info and title in every matched VRML 2.0 files
and the name of the file in the others.
It should work with PERL 4 and 5.

What's new with version 4.1
Added the parameter output file (Default index.html)
Added the parameters for GIF files in indexmaker.cfg (idea of Bertrand
Decouty

This is the URL where you can find the tool
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Enjoy it!
Have a nice Christmas and a happy new year!

Send me your suggestions.

--
Fabrizio Pivari

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Member of ANFACE Software
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

On Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:06:18 +0000, Fabrizio Pivari

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm glad to announce the version 4.0 of IndexMaker a perl script to make

>an index.html file from PDF, HTML, VRML and other files.

I'm afraid I broke when testing it on an HTML frameset with a <TITLE>
in the NOFRAMES block.  Now you might say that one would'nt normally
do that but the piece of HTML was an example from Netscape soooo..

/J\

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

++
++ I'm afraid I broke when testing it on an HTML frameset with a <TITLE>
++ in the NOFRAMES block.  Now you might say that one would'nt normally
++ do that but the piece of HTML was an example from Netscape soooo..

Hahahahhahhahahahahhaha. That the piece of HTML was an example
from Netscape says enough. Netscape doesn't consider standards
something to worry about. I've yet to see a Netscape product that
can parse HTML 2.0, (current practise of half a year before the
first Netscape beta became available).

I'd rather go to Microsoft to learn about Perl and Unix than
to Netscape to learn about HTML.

Abigail
--
    Anyone who slaps a "this page is best viewed with Browser X" label
    on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.7: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

2. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.6: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

3. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.5: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

4. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

5. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 6.0: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

6. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 5.3: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

7. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 5.2: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

8. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 5.1: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

9. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 5.0: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

10. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.3: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

11. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.2: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files

12. ANNOUNCE: IndexMaker 4.0: an index.html maker from PDF,HTML,VRML and other files