Accessing fields from javascript
Author Message
 Accessing fields from javascript

Hi,

I want to change the description of a viewpoint with a script, but this is
not an exposedfield.
How can i change it ?

Thanks,

Gerry

This is my viewpoint VRML-code:

       Transform
       {
        rotation 1 0 0 1.57
        translation 0 0 47.5

        children
        [
         DEF vp Viewpoint
         {
          position 0 0 0
          orientation 0 1 0 -1.57
          description "Headcam"
         }
        ]
       }

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing fields from javascript

20 Apr 2000:

Quote:
>I want to change the description of a viewpoint with a script, but
>this is not an exposedfield.
>How can i change it ?

Short answer: you can't.  Longer answer: you can replace the node
using createVrmlFrom[URL|String], but I wouldn't trust the average
vrml browser to display a viewpoint node created this way in the
viewpoints list on their control panel.  I might be wrong, though.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

"There arises from a bad and unapt formation of words a wonderful
obstruction to the mind."  -- Francis Bacon

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing fields from javascript

Quote:

> 20 Apr 2000:

> >I want to change the description of a viewpoint with a script, but
> >this is not an exposedfield.
> >How can i change it ?

> Short answer: you can't.  Longer answer: you can replace the node
> using createVrmlFrom[URL|String], but I wouldn't trust the average
> VRML browser to display a viewpoint node created this way in the
> viewpoints list on their control panel.  I might be wrong, though.

My experience using Cosmo2.1.1, Contact4.3 and Cortona2.1 is that
Viewpoint nodes can be dynamically added and removed and they will
appear and disappear from the browser's exposed viewpoint list on their
control ( Viewpoints created with createVrmlFromString, inserted and
removed via the EAI ). As I recall, an earlier version of Contact did
have a problem with this.

-Rex

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Javascript for accessing fields - togroup.wrl [1/1]

2. POST and dynamic FORM fields with javascript

3. Idoox releases framework for accessing SOAP Web Services from JavaScript

4. accessing tclet variables or procs in javascript

5. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

6. one form, two accesses, hide field

7. Converting 2.1 memo fields to Access

8. Pervasive.SQL accessing Btrieve files with memo fields?

9. Accessing fields in a file

10. Field Access in Files

11. ODBC Driver-Access memo fields

12. ODBC driver-Access memo fields