NEWBIE: changing the colour of points
Author Message
 NEWBIE: changing the colour of points

Dear all,

I am generating files that give me a series of points, all I do is copy and
paste the points into this code:

----------

#VRML V2.0 utf8
#RLMSSCAN/Andrew Weller

Background {
   skyColor [0 0 0]
   skyAngle [3.14]

Quote:
}

WorldInfo {
  title "Scan by RIEGL Laser-Radar. North face of Arts Centre, University of
Nottingham "
  info  "Generated and Created by RLMSSCAN, adapted by Andrew Weller "

Quote:
}

Shape {
  appearance Appearance {
     material Material {
        diffuseColor 0.8 0.8 0.8
     }
  }
  geometry PointSet {
    coord Coordinate {
      point [
-239.941 198.529 9.492,
-238.952 197.711 8.478,
-238.589 197.411 7.492,
-78.739 65.171 2.151,
0.475 0.475 0.475,
0.478 0.478 0.478,
0.482 0.482 0.482,
0.475 0.475 0.475,
  ]
  }
  }

Quote:
}

----------

What I'm after is a black background (which is fine) with white points!! How
can I make this possible??

Thanks in advance,

Andy

--
Andy Weller

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NEWBIE: changing the colour of points

Quote:

> Dear all,

> I am generating files that give me a series of points, all I do is copy and
> paste the points into this code:

> ----------

> #VRML V2.0 utf8
> #RLMSSCAN/Andrew Weller

> Background {
>    skyColor [0 0 0]
>    skyAngle [3.14]
> }

> WorldInfo {
>   title "Scan by RIEGL Laser-Radar. North face of Arts Centre, University of
> Nottingham "
>   info  "Generated and Created by RLMSSCAN, adapted by Andrew Weller "
> }

> Shape {
>   appearance Appearance {
>      material Material {
>         diffuseColor 0.8 0.8 0.8
>      }
>   }
>   geometry PointSet {
>     coord Coordinate {
>       point [
> -239.941 198.529 9.492,
> -238.952 197.711 8.478,
> -238.589 197.411 7.492,
> -78.739 65.171 2.151,
> 0.475 0.475 0.475,
> 0.478 0.478 0.478,
> 0.482 0.482 0.482,
> 0.475 0.475 0.475,
>   ]
>   }
>   }
> }

> ----------

> What I'm after is a black background (which is fine) with white points!! How
> can I make this possible??

happens to me all the time... (I think I'll add a warning about this in vorlon)

PointSet and IndexedLineSet need "emissiveColor" to be seen, so just add:

emissiveColor 1 1 1

to your Material

Regards,

Trapezium Development LLC                  http://www.trapezium.com

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NEWBIE: changing the colour of points

[snip]

Quote:
> What I'm after is a black background (which is fine) with white points!!
How
> can I make this possible??

Since points and lines are not surfaces, you need to use the emissiveColor
parameter (rather than diffuseColor) to adjust the color of an
IndexedLineSet or PointSet.

--
Braden N. McDaniel

<URI:http://www.endoframe.com>

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VW2 Changing Background Colour

2. AbtHtmlTableColumn: change colour of heading?

3. Changing colour of fields on reports.

4. How to Change Title Bar colour?

5. Scrollbar Color or Colour Change in Clarion

6. get indicator to change colour

7. Changing TextGadgets colour

8. changing background colour of an rc_graphic window

9. Colour Change

10. changing colour

11. more specific, was:change screen colour??

12. change screen colour??