VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages
Author Message
 VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an example of using a java script with VRML. All the
examples I've seen use javascript rather than java. I've tried to write my
own script but when I try to import the java vrml classes (vrml.field.*
etc.) I just get error messages from the compiler similar to this one.

"Package vrml.field not found in import"

What am I doing wrong?

I've downloaded the latest version of java I can find. I believe its
JDK1.2.2 and JRE1.2. Do these versions have the required vrml packages?

Any help much appreciated.

Mick Hodgkins

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages
Hi Mick,

You need to include the class file (which comes with your VRML browser)
in your CLASSPATH. For example, Cosmo Player comes with npcosmop21.zip.

If you wish to view your wrl (in Netscape), just place this file in your
Netscape's Java class directory.

---
yong bing

Quote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm looking for an example of using a java script with VRML. All the
> examples I've seen use javascript rather than java. I've tried to write my
> own script but when I try to import the java vrml classes (vrml.field.*
> etc.) I just get error messages from the compiler similar to this one.
> "Package vrml.field not found in import"
> What am I doing wrong?
> I've downloaded the latest version of java I can find. I believe its
> JDK1.2.2 and JRE1.2. Do these versions have the required vrml packages?
> Any help much appreciated.
> Mick Hodgkins

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. In Search of an anonymous ftp site to store a Java VRML Script example program

2. vrml.*.* packages for java-scripting

3. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

4. VRML in Java vs Java in VRML

5. VRML generated from JAVA, not JAVA script?

6. vrml-java-generated vrml

7. Two VRML worlds (VRML+Java)

8. EAI version of VRML 2.0 Tic-Tac-Toe game (VRML + Java)

9. JAVA + VRML (VRML libraries)

10. Search of examples of VRML+JAVA

11. Java VRML examples

12. Java VRML Package