Where are the VRML class files?
Author Message
 Where are the VRML class files?

I got a Java compiler, I got a vrml browser, I got a copy of Late Night VRML 2.0 with Java, I have
I've created a few VRML worlds, I'm in fat city.

Except for one problem: where are the VRML class files?  On page 56, it says I have to set up a
classpath to include the directory where the VRML class files are.  Fine.  Where do I get the VRML
class files?  Do they come with Netscape, or Cosmo, or the JDK, or from someplace else?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Many thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Silverman, PC guy, Linux wannabe, Java wannabe, Software engineer, husband, father etc.
See my website: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jeffs

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:53:35 GMT
 Where are the VRML class files?

In Bob's pages  The VRMLworks , you'll find a link you'll want to go often  Tools . There under Java
Utility you'll find a link to Greg Seidman stub classes  JSAI Java stub classes .
I recommend you put them in a "java" directory and do your compilation there.
You can use Cosmo classes and they are in the npcosmo211.jar file beside the cosmo dll in the plug-in
directory. The problem I experienced compiling using those classes is that your script will open an
annoying dialog asking for privilege. The annoying thing is that you grant privilege to *Platinum
Technology* (who owned cosmo in prehistoric time) as anybody writing a script automatically get
Platinum certificate if compiled using that .jar file. This is quite a security pitfall since once
granted, it wont ask again so you could navigate another site which contain a mean script which will
sneak into your system and do potentially dangerous things as script doesnt have applet restrictions.
Anyway its annoying to be Platinum when you only want to be yourself...

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

Quote:

> I got a Java compiler, I got a VRML browser, I got a copy of Late Night VRML 2.0 with Java, I have
> I've created a few VRML worlds, I'm in fat city.

> Except for one problem: where are the VRML class files?  On page 56, it says I have to set up a
> classpath to include the directory where the VRML class files are.  Fine.  Where do I get the VRML
> class files?  Do they come with Netscape, or Cosmo, or the JDK, or from someplace else?

> Inquiring minds want to know!

> Many thanks,

> Jeff

> --
> Jeff Silverman, PC guy, Linux wannabe, Java wannabe, Software engineer, husband, father etc.
> See my website: http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:02:16 GMT
 Where are the VRML class files?
class files are usually found in the following directory, that's supposing that
when you installed the cosmoplayer you installed it onto the correct directory

C:\program files\CosmoSoftware\CosmoPlayer\npcosmo.zip;

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:12:24 GMT

1. freeware c++ classes for writing vrml 2.0 files

2. placing the CLASS files for IE4 and VRML

3. Am lost in ObjetLand... (BaseHTTPServer class hierarchy)

4. Rapid flipping between 2 VRML-1 files with VRML-2

5. Problem viewing vrml files in IE 3.02 + vrml 2.0 add in

6. how to Find vrml files for microsoft vrml 2.0

7. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

8. linking to particular viewpoint in a vrml-file from an html-file

9. convert VRML (1 or 2) files into DXF files

10. Tools needed for translating VRML files to postcript files

11. Create a file with a vrml file

12. automating conversion from 2D .dwg-files to 3D and .wrl-files (VRML)